Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage softail classic or Electra glide standard

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009 | 02:02 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm partial to my EGS...

Old 08-24-2009 | 02:06 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

You'll make the right decision.

Old 08-24-2009 | 02:21 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Default Bottom out

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I have never heard of a bottoming out problem with the Heritage. They are great bikes but, the ride won't compair to an Electra Glide or any touring model for that matter................. and the Heritage saddlebags will cave in and sag and be extremely ugly in no time at all.

Plus you ain't gonna believe just how nice the cruise control is. The first reason I look at a Touring bike was for the cruise control feature. The rest has been a huge plus nobody told me about.

If you want to ride get a Touring bike. A couple in our Hog Chapter has a daughter that is 19 and she wanted to start riding on our Hog outings. So the first time she rode was with a guy with a Heritage. Then she road home with a guy on a Duece. Then the next time she rode with me. Now she asks me first, to take her riding. Enough said.
The heritage has big time problems cornering. My cousin has one and he can't hang with the baggers cornering. Even the street glide corners alot better than the heritage. Just look at Harleys lean angles for the different models. I think that's what the op is refering to when he says it bottoms out.

Old 08-24-2009 | 02:28 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain

There's a huge difference between bottoming out and scraping the floorboards. You're correct, that the Heritage doesn't have as good of a lean angle as some of the touring models, but I don't see that as "big time problems cornering". My Road King can't hang with a friend's FXD either...does that mean my Road King has big time cornering problems? I don't think so.

Old 08-24-2009 | 02:29 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

If I could only have one, it would be the EGC. I have had a Heritage for 10 years and the wife and I have taken a few long trips on it. I bought a StreetGlide a couple of weeks ago and what a difference! I kept my Heritage, but when we go 2 up from now on it will be on the StreetGlide.

Old 08-24-2009 | 08:19 PM
take 5
|
Cruiser

Thanks for all the info, rode the bikes today and definately like the ride on touring models, the heritage actually feels good riding also. I am 5'9 and the seat height was good on the Heritage. The Electra and Road king are a little taller and my feet aren't flat on the ground, sure that could be a fix. Like all three just need to make a choice, Electra is less $$ and the Heritage and Road king are about the same $$.

Old 08-24-2009 | 09:20 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

IMO both feet having to be flat on the ground is an overrated concern. But maybe that's just me. Good luck, you've narrowed it down to good choices.

Old 08-24-2009 | 09:37 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

I put 45,000 miles on a Dyna and now have 7200 on my FLHX. I've ridden a couple of softails including a Heritage and I don't care for the "B" motor.

Old 08-24-2009 | 10:06 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Said it before & I'll say it again....I could have bought anything when the CFO gave me the green light & I bought a Heritage. Buy whatever suits your needs! For me, the look & the feel of my ride sold me.
As stated above, ask the same question in the Softail section & I suspect the answers will differ. Buy what works, your the one paying for it.

Old 08-24-2009 | 10:11 PM
WOLFGANG4154
Novice

Love my Glide

Quick Reply: Heritage softail classic or Electra glide standard