Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't call my Dealer a Stealer, 1K ser + Inj

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't call my Dealer a Stealer, 1K ser + Inj

Took it in today for the 1k service. After the normal paper filling out...service manger: Any problems? Me: Well, when cold I get some backfiring thru a/c, occaisonal stall, and it idles rough. SM: When did you buy it. Me: Feb 06. SM (to mech, who was nearby listening), check the # (he takes out flashlight and looks at injector from horn side and says "old ones"). SM: We will be doing some warranty work which should solve your problems. The word injector was never mentioned. I just acted dumb (not that hard). My work sheet shows new 25 degree cone spray injectors installed, seal, and down load (all listed as warranty). Had them put synthetic in all holes, $273 out the door.

Huge difference in idle and performance. I had contemplated doing the 1k service myself but as you can see, at least in this instance, it was wiser to let the dealer do the initial.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Garrison1383
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't call my Dealer a Stealer, 1K ser + Inj

Had the same thing happen with my bike last week. I never mentioned injectors but described the problem... Dealer put new injectors in..... and now my bike runs MUCH better and it was well worth the $200 for the 1000 mile service

Old 06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

Ditto..had mine done yesterday. Can definitely feel more power out of the bike and my leg is not burning up either. I am having it dynoed in 2 wks and going to have my idle rpm lowered as well...it seems to be about 850-900 and sounds like a high idle you'd have on a carb'd bike..I dont like it.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:23 AM
GaryZ
Intermediate

hope I am as lucky as you, my new Classic was built in Jan of 06, running ok for first 100 miles, If I knew about the injectors prior, wouldnt have bought it, cash paid, ya know, now I am a ****ee or is it something else.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM
GenoRKng
Advanced

That's great. Glad they took the initiative to make the customer happy and the bike run correctly

I took mine in for the 1k mile check-up and mentioned the issues about the injectors and got the reply; " if you didn't receive notification from H-D about a recall or campaign there probably isn't one on your bike. But we'll enter your s/n# and see if there are any."
I had no dying or rough idle symptoms though.

So... I paid $200 for them to go over the bike and check stuff. They also told me the backfire on decel is from the aftermarket pipes and air filter due to unburned fuel igniting in the exhaust and is normal.

I guess it was worth it to document that the bike is okay incase anything goes wrong in the future they can't say it was somthing I did.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Cowboy49
Tourer

My SG is in for the 1000 mile today. Bought it in Feb 06 but I don't know when it was built. What is the date they changed over to 25 deg injectors?

Thanks.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 PM
billk
Road Master

There have been some posts on how to find the date of manufacture of your bike and when HD switched to new injectors.

Since your bike is at the dealer have them check, especially if you have "symptons".

Old 06-08-2006, 12:10 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

You can look at your injectors right behind the horn, if you have the 25 degree injectors, they are stamed as such.. with a 25* clearly marked. A coworker of mine has a RKC and had to have it back 3x for it to be taken care of. He definitely had a problematic bike and it quit on him a few times in very dangerous situations. One time the dealer replaced 'injector gaskets' Total BS IMO..

Old 06-08-2006, 01:11 AM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,729 Likes on 1,259 Posts

ORIGINAL: billk

Took it in today for the 1k service. After the normal paper filling out...service manger: Any problems? Me: Well, when cold I get some backfiring thru a/c, occaisonal stall, and it idles rough. SM: When did you buy it. Me: Feb 06. SM (to mech, who was nearby listening), check the # (he takes out flashlight and looks at injector from horn side and says "old ones"). SM: We will be doing some warranty work which should solve your problems. The word injector was never mentioned. I just acted dumb (not that hard). My work sheet shows new 25 degree cone spray injectors installed, seal, and down load (all listed as warranty). Had them put synthetic in all holes, $273 out the door.

Huge difference in idle and performance. I had contemplated doing the 1k service myself but as you can see, at least in this instance, it was wiser to let the dealer do the initial.

Can't call my Dealer a Stealer, 1K ser + Inj

It's early yet...give em time.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: billk

There have been some posts on how to find the date of manufacture of your bike and when HD switched to new injectors.

Since your bike is at the dealer have them check, especially if you have "symptons".
All big twins manufactured after the middle of February 06 have them installed from the factory. Cowboy 49's bike probably has the 8° injectors like my RK had in it before the dealer changed them out. It's easy to find out, just shine a flashlight from the left side of the bike at the rear cylinder behind the horn and you can read it right on the injector body. Boy some of you guys sure get cheap 1k services done. Mine here in Phoenix cost me $330.

Quick Reply: Can't call my Dealer a Stealer, 1K ser + Inj