Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

40% off shopping day

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by confused
Sold out all years
Stuff stayed at 40%
I actually called them this morning, girl answered the phone switched me to the parts department on hold for a few seconds then was switched to "an after hours recording" hung up and went riding!
I'll keep looking!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what that I have heard and this maybe just rumors but I think it holds more water then what else I have heard.

Shumate is going out of business. The Kennewick Wa store is still open but not allowed to make any sales at this time. He went to court on the 21st of August and got a 3 week extension. HD is requiring the he prove that he the Kennewick Store is Viable. The other stores are closed.
The Service department employees walked off the job and didn't get their paychecks.
All the aftermarket distributors have not received payments and stopped any orders.

From what I have heard from some very realiable people, this is not a surprise. This was happening years ago due to Michael Shumates inability to pay bills. Kennewick is ripe for the picking. But bad business practices will hurt you especially in this economy.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't have any hard facts at all. But rented a room to a guy who worked at the Spokane shop both when George Latus owned it and then when Shumate bought it. He left about 2 weeks after the shop changed hands. A month later he was working for Latus in Gladstone and told me he would never work for Shumate again. He predicted the dealership would be out of business inside a year. Turns out he was off by a few months.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellotang
From what that I have heard and this maybe just rumors but I think it holds more water then what else I have heard.

Shumate is going out of business. The Kennewick Wa store is still open but not allowed to make any sales at this time. He went to court on the 21st of August and got a 3 week extension. HD is requiring the he prove that he the Kennewick Store is Viable. The other stores are closed.
The Service department employees walked off the job and didn't get their paychecks.
All the aftermarket distributors have not received payments and stopped any orders.

From what I have heard from some very realiable people, this is not a surprise. This was happening years ago due to Michael Shumates inability to pay bills. Kennewick is ripe for the picking. But bad business practices will hurt you especially in this economy.
This makes sense. Even the guy at Spokane store said that the Kennewick was not closing...just the Spokane and Lewiston store. They are saying they are in transistion and will reopen with new owners. I think though that if they did indeed have new owners they would be open by now. Nobody take weeks off during busy times to "re-organize"

Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 AM
HDSanford
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard there is a 2009 Screaming Eagle Ultra at New Smyrna with your Name on it. No confusion there. I think you need to grab it and sell all those parts you bought on E-Bay.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know if they will ship parts?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
confused
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HDSanford
I heard there is a 2009 Screaming Eagle Ultra at New Smyrna with your Name on it. No confusion there. I think you need to grab it and sell all those parts you bought on E-Bay.
Hey HDSanford, you are out of your league here with your little 4 posts.
This place contains too much knowledge for you to try and keep up.
This place moves too fast for you.
Put that 50W oil in your bike and an extra quart in your bag and ride off old man.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 PM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

man wish i was in florida right now instead of michigan, i would be at that dealer getting a king tour pack for 40% off, vivid black for my SG!