Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

40% off shopping day

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:03 PM
dabluesguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shumate in Kennewick, WA had the same deal last weekend. No word for sure that they are closing, but that's the rumor. Hate to see a dealer go out. We all hate them most of the time but we still go there, even if it's just for the Saturday hot dogs. I still give them a fair share of money.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dabluesguy
Shumate in Kennewick, WA had the same deal last weekend. No word for sure that they are closing, but that's the rumor. Hate to see a dealer go out. We all hate them most of the time but we still go there, even if it's just for the Saturday hot dogs. I still give them a fair share of money.
Your dealer gives out "Saturday hot dogs"? MY Gawd how do they stay in buisness?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dabluesguy
I heard that Shumate's in Kennewick, Spokane and Lewiston are all either closing or getting ready for a new owner to take over. I read on another site that one of them was open but not allowed to make any sales.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:56 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by confused
Sunday, being 75% off
I am wondering if I should go back down and pick up a SEST to go with my A/C and up coming cams project. I am going to need something and was going to go with Jamie's PCV, but a 40% off SEST may do.

So I may head back down tomorrow; anything I missed?

Yes, I did drive the SUV down, so I was okay loading up.
So you want to pick me up a SEST for my '09 Ultra?
I'll even pay you for it plus shipping!
Let me know!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

spokane news did report that Shumates in Spokane is closed.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
spokane news did report that Shumates in Spokane is closed.
Yeah went by there yesterday. They had a sign on the door saying dealership was open, but you had to use the service enterance. Kind of strange. Nobody was around and I was on my bike so I didnt go in.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwoozn
So you want to pick me up a SEST for my '09 Ultra?
I'll even pay you for it plus shipping!
Let me know!
Sold out all years
Stuff stayed at 40%
Picked up a HD shock pump, so I won't have to borrow the one from bicycle shop
Also picked up the headliner for the tour pak. The one with all the pouches

It was packed again. Seems that if dealership are in trouble why not have a 30-35 % off sale once a year. The dealers here in FLA run 20% from time to time, but not on SE parts and I don't it drives in that much extra buisness. This dealership that had this going out of buisness 40% off sale never had as many customers since they opened as they did these past two days. I know a dealership can't run a 40%, but something inbetween 20 -40% would sure pull in more customers. Although many of the dealers here say that they can't keep up with all the customers, we'll see what happens down the road.

Last edited by confused; 08-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:54 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Boy that was a mistake going today...my wallet is WAY lighter now. I picked up the following all at 40% off. Of course I didn't find the 75% stuff.

My SG:
Black tribal grips
Black Levers
Streamline highway pegs and clamps
Chrome Inner Primary Cover
Adjustable Air deflector kit

Wife's Deluxe:
Chrome pulley cover and bolts
Aileron highway pegs and clamps
SE Stage 1 intake
and a pair of boots for her

Old 08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I just would not want the local dealer to go out of business tho, altho I wish they would have a 20% sale once.
I just got a lot of parts from Zanotti's at 25-30% off, and no tax because it is shipping across state lines... some for more than that, and that is every day. The way to do it is to order multiple parts, so if you can get your friends / HOG members to pool together, it will be worth it. My bill was $2000.00 for 28 items, and my shipping was only $72.00. I am not bragging... these are repairs for an accident I had a couple of weeks ago in which I was cut off, and didn't have enough time to stop or swerve out of the way. Luckily, I don't need any body parts fixed or replaced, and you can believe that I am very much interested in the new SNELL 2010 (world helmet) standards now... oh yeah... I will wear gloves from now on too....

Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I use Zanotti's a lot but if I could get close to the same at my local dealer I would always buy locally. I would gladly pay 5% more to buy from my local dealer vs Zanotti's but on big ticket items I need to put the money in my pocket so use Zanotti's. P.S. I wear a Shoei RF1000 and an Arai Signet full face.

Quick Reply: 40% off shopping day