Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's great to see patriotic people out there.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be an interesting time to point out that a lot of HD parts are now made overseas. If you don't ride a panhead than you hate America!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master

Originally Posted by riteway
There is an old saying...dont criticize a person till you walk a mile in his/her shoes...Seems to me if you have so much time on your hands maybe you should stop and talk to this person and find out his story before you jump to conclusions.....My father Irish..My mother German...So what!!! Im a half breed...
Am i missing something?
I have to agree with RiteWay. Have a talk with this man and see what his view on this is first before throwing stones. I am proud to say that I as well am German and Dutch. My grandparents (fathers parents) came to the states by means of their parents to escape the onslaught of Hitler in 1934. My father, both of his brother and all 3 of thier B.I.L's served in all 4 branches, being 1 a POW for 19 months!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:32 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by KopperTop
This must be the stupidest post in weeks. Can't be real. No seriously, tell me people in South Carolina aren't all this ignorant.
Ha! This is the best one yet! Keep'em coming.

lp

Old 08-22-2009, 09:21 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I’m looking at this differently; I’d ride up next to the guy and thank him for his support!

Old 08-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

He's just being true to his heritage. BMW's are built in Germany Bervarin Motor Works

Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 TheJimer

I would ride up next to him and thank him for the support....as i do all the time...no big deal just be glad he is getting the word out....i ride with allot of people on all brands and i really dont care what they ride or drive as long as we hang out......

Old 08-22-2009, 10:00 PM
fladawg01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot

I guess I can see the point to a pretty good degree here. I love to ride an see many vets who ride. I am patriotic, but luckily never had to go to war or fight for my country.

I wear a leather vest embroidered with a screaming eagle in flight surrounded by an American flag. It's my way of saying I'm proud of who I am and to be in this country. I won't fly a POW/MIA flag off the back of my bike as I don't deserve this, but do fly an American flag. I respect all vets and understand what they did for this country.

In some ways I can understand they (vets) would feel betrayed by someone toughting a foreign flag, emblem or something other than an American symbol, and yet displaying a POW/MIA, VFW or some other military badge of honor. It really does go against the grain.

I think too many people in this country do not respect what this country means to many vets and others. I get tired of seeing foriener here shouting for their rights and condemning this country. I also dont believe they should be flying another countries flag, and showing disrecpect to ours as well.

IMHO If you don't love this country go back to where you came from and friggin survive there. Yeah we have our issues, but if you want to be here, then show the respect of what the red, white and blue means to the people who fought for it, and understand.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
He's just being true to his heritage. BMW's are built in Germany Bervarin Motor Works
You think? Lol...

lp

Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 PM
sandnessmj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh crap, I'm one of the bastards. I have the Marine Corps and Air Force emblems along with Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary and Service ribbons on my HONDA CIVIC. Oh noooooooooes!

I respectfully reserve the right to punch anyone in the mouth if I catch them trying to "rip the f-er off" when I walk out to my car.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 AM
vinnypie
Cruiser

hey last thursday "I PULLED THE TRIGGER"

Quick Reply: It's great to see patriotic people out there.