Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ Pro Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default HQ Pro Tuner

Just got my HQ 107 ST done will be doing a dyno tune today with my D&D Boss S/O pipes. Will probably want to switch to Fatcats later with the quiet baffel, have a few Q's.

How much HP/TQ will I be leaving on the table with the Boss sliopns vs the Fatcat?

Will the protuner be good enough to get tune right with switching of pipes? Will the pipe switch require a timing adjustment?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id put money on it that you wont see 10/10 difference in the slip ons and a full fat cat..

I posted somewhere on here results from my experience, same build going from Jackpots to a fatcat...the overall was more like 5/5 but the power came on SO much sooner with the fatcats.

If you plan on doing the Fatcats, why not just put the pipe on and be done with it...will save you dyno $$ and time

BTW, from what im told nothing quite changes a tune as much as changing pipes...so yes, you will need a retune

Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

the HQs pro tuner can handle the change in pipes -- I have had two pro-tuners with mixed results--the lastest is working very well--the previous on my 08 RG gave me nightmares it kept conflicting with the TBW and gas light would come on at very odd times. The bike shut down a couple of times -- the HQs crew was indicating that it may not have been the pro tuner but I eliminated everything else.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The FatCat works REALLY well with that build.

"If it were me", I'd put the pipe on it and have it tuned in it's ultimate configuration.

The PT may make it good, but without playing with the advance, you'll never know for sure.

As was mentioned already, the FatCat make that torque hit early and HARD.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

The communicator broke down on the Dyno machine at my local dealer. I am now in SF airport heading over to Asia and Europe (work) so wont get the tune done until next month. I took this as a sign from god to get the Fat Cat quiet baffel, OL is going to be pissed when the box shows up but she should miss me enough to forgive me by time I get back. I hope. Had dealer download a similar build map and this thing is strong, I believe you about the wheel coming off the ground Lyn.

Thanks for input gents, had