Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Labor for 16" Apes on 09 Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm serious when i say this, you live in tampa, i live in holiday, not far from you, if ya ever want to do something to yr bike again, pm me.

we can do it at my house, i got most a the tools you would need i'm sure, and not only would it save ya a chit load a $$ (it would still cost a little) but i would love to show ya how to do it yourself so ya don't have to rely on anyone agian.

let me know.

and personaly, that seems a bit steep

Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've done several and 8-9 hours is max on the labor....but then again what do you expect from a "harley dealer," i've seen and heard crazy labor rate stories about dealers from coast to coast. Anyway i hope you're atleast happt with the finished product..

Old 08-20-2009, 05:23 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bars that size is an easy 8 hour job.
12 hours....you got reamed.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 AM
MrSinister
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old skool1983
i'm serious when i say this, you live in tampa, i live in holiday, not far from you, if ya ever want to do something to yr bike again, pm me.

we can do it at my house, i got most a the tools you would need i'm sure, and not only would it save ya a chit load a $$ (it would still cost a little) but i would love to show ya how to do it yourself so ya don't have to rely on anyone agian.

let me know.

and personaly, that seems a bit steep
Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on that. I've done some minor work myself, but I knew that the handlebars would be a pain. When it was all said and done though I thought "There is no way this takes someone who knows what they are doing a day and a half to complete, no way..." which is why I posted.

I'm digging that bobber of yours, that's the next thing on my list. FLHX for a cruiser and a old school bobber just to knock around.

Last edited by MrSinister; 08-20-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 AM
MrSinister
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 09flhtc
why would anyone put apes on a touring bike or buy a touring bike and not tour, or even better, why do people trailer touring bikes???
Makes the bike more comfortable, easy to maneuver, and looks great IMO which is what matters since I've gotta ride it.

As far as dragging it around in a trailer...I've got nothing for ya there

Old 08-20-2009, 06:31 AM
MrSinister
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 09flhtc
I had 12" on 08 XL1200 N and over 10,000 in 6 months, 07 FXDBI 17000 12" inch in 7 months, so you are correct with the 12's but once you go higher it affects circulation, and put your hand in the wind which defeats the purpose of a fairing especial if you ride in the winter months like me. O i should prob mention I was only referring to touring model with fairings...

Even at 16" my hands are still below my shoulders so circulation shouldn't be an issue. It is less wind resistant yes, but the weather in Florida isn't too cold, just rainy (lately anyhow) but that's not too shabby. My wife has apes on her FXSTB and she's happy too.

I never thought I'd be riding a touring bike until I test drove one. Beyond that I didn't think apes made sense on a touring bike, until I tried it. Once I did I was sold

IMO Apes look better on the bat wing fairing than the shark nose because they don't really stand out to much and follow the lines of the bike. If you get the chance try it and I think you'll be surprised.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:38 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a manual and do it yourself. It is not that hard if you take your time. It is a good weekend project on one of those rainy weekends.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I think Apes look fine on a bagger. But come on, two pages on this thread and not one picture yet?????

Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 AM
MrSinister
5th Gear
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
MrSinister
5th Gear

Quick Reply: Labor for 16" Apes on 09 Streetglide