Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor work on a 03 electra glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default motor work on a 03 electra glide

I'm considering doing some motor work on my stock carb 88inch motor. Considering going with big bore kit, andrews cams, S&S carb, and possibly the screamin eagle CNC ported heads. Anyone have a similar set-up that can tell me what they think. OR some specs? Still want to keep her reliable since I do alot of touring as well as local cruising.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by pop1
I'm considering doing some motor work on my stock carb 88inch motor. Considering going with big bore kit, andrews cams, S&S carb, and possibly the screamin eagle CNC ported heads. Anyone have a similar set-up that can tell me what they think. OR some specs? Still want to keep her reliable since I do alot of touring as well as local cruising.
There are better ways to go than S.E. heads, but they work okay if you get the right cam and piston combination. There are a lot of aftermarket "kits" available that feature heads, cams, jugs or they'll bore yours, and pistons that work well together. A lot of guys here like Headquarters stuff. I like Dave Mackie's stuff. Then get a good adjustable ignition module, adjustable pushrods, roller rockers if your cam lift is approaching .600 a good carb and manifold, I prefer Mikuni, and a good exhaust system. Remember if the heads, cams and compression ratio don't work well together you won't gain much. If it all works together you'll have a dependable, streetable, and much faster ride.