Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006 | 03:22 PM
Rick51
|
Account Deactivated
Default GPS Mounting

I just purchased an 06 Ultra. I have a GPS( Garmin 2610 ) that I want to mount. Where can I find a Ram mount for the Ultra? I had one for my Goldwing but it won't fit the Ultra. If any one has a GPS on their Ultra, how did you wire it? Thanks.

Old 06-04-2006 | 03:44 PM
PoleCat
Road Captain
Default RE: GPS Mounting

Radio shack has a mount kit specifically for the 2610 for around $45.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2145804

Old 06-04-2006 | 04:15 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

I use the Garmin Quest and wired it direct to the bike. There are two wires behind the outer fairing that are ignition hot. Both have female spade connectors on them. (sorry I can't rmember the color, but a meter or test light will find them. These are the wires used by HD to install their version of the Quest. These are hot with the ignition on and off with the ignition off. That is where I connected mine. DO a search on the Internet. There are quite a few different mounts out there. I use a Ram Mount on the handle bar for my Quest 2.

Old 06-04-2006 | 04:32 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master

Go to www.cyclegadgits.com they have everything you need.

Old 06-04-2006 | 06:17 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

gpscity.com...

They also have everything you need...

Old 06-04-2006 | 09:01 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

ORIGINAL: Rick51

I just purchased an 06 Ultra. I have a GPS( Garmin 2610 ) that I want to mount. Where can I find a Ram mount for the Ultra? I had one for my Goldwing but it won't fit the Ultra. If any one has a GPS on their Ultra, how did you wire it? Thanks.
This company has the most configurable mounting systems around. RAM Mounting Systems, Inc..

Old 06-05-2006 | 11:29 AM
alfalf
Intermediate

i used a ram mount and hard wired it to the battery, i have a tom tom. it works fibe and looks great.

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:34 PM
bcollida
Intermediate

I just purchased a RAM Mounting system for my Tom Tom GPS and put it on my 07 RG.

works great, looks great. Lots of mounting flexibility and has a good grip on the GPS.
I put my GPS to the left of the speedo. I sort of blocked my line of site to the reallly important ambient air tempature guage!

I bought the 3 inch arm and the handlebar ubolt mount

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:45 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 for cyclegadets.com

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:55 PM
chornbe
Road Master

I added two RAM ball mounts to my inner fairing, and ran necessary wiring inside the fairing. I used a large-diameter grommet to make the hole in the fairing (for the wiring) look neat and clean. Thru' that I ran the wiring from the GPS, PTT switch and iPod to the in-fairing AmpliRider amplifier that then went into my Chatterbox. Since then I ditched the Chatterbox and Amplirider, and switched from a 2610 to a Zumo 550. I still have all the wires going from the GPS into the fairing, but now they run down the main wiring channel (under the tank) and back to the tour trunk. Inside the tour trunk, I have a small camera bag Velcroed to the side of the tour pack and in that goes my Autocom unit. I drilled a hole in the underside of the tour pack through which I run the various wires in and out. (none of this is photographed and written up yet).

http://chornbe.com/motorcycles/streetglide/ram_mounts/

Quick Reply: GPS Mounting