Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Easy Way to Add Air to Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
Damn, I just...have the lady hold it while I do my thing. Takes 30 seconds...ok maybe a minute.
Gotta love creative editing

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this creative answer and I am off to the garage to find the piece of hose I did not throw away......

Also a good laugh for the creative editing!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 AM
sagalong
Advanced

I had them put these on when they changed my front tire to a 408. They solved the the problem I had with getting my fat fingers between the spokes and getting the chuck on to the valve and bending the rubber valve stem outboard for service.. With this you can service your tire anywhere with any thing that is available to put air into your tire.

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/tire_valves/index.htm

Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rochkes
I have read all the complaints about checking and adding air to the touring bike tires. I still don't understand it. I check my tire pressure every time I clean the bike (usually once a week) and just don't have any problems.

But then again, I have never lived without my own air compressor and air tools. 90 degree, 45 degree, straight or flexible pressure gauges and air chucks have always been a part of my tool stash.

How does anyone live and do normal things around the house and vehicles without an air compressor and the basic accessories for your speciffic needs?

Dennis
+1 Dennis, I've had my own air compressor for years. I installed a filter on mine to keep moisture out. Don't need nitrogen

Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Yep, more trouble than it should be. Here's a novel idea Harley ........ why not put 90 degree valve stems on the damn wheels like other makers have for years? This way it won't matter what kind of end the air hose has. In my garage I have a straight-style commercial hose, the tire gauge is another angle and the one I keep on the bike is yet a different angle. If the dude finds a better way to do anything, I'm all for that. Always room to improve!
For Christ sake, it's a motorcycle! If Harley put right angled fitting's on the rims, some of you ladies would be moaning about it doesn't look good, why aren't they straight. Sure it's a little difficult to get to. Maybe you ladies should join Jimbo in his NHTSA lawsuit

Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that's a GREAT idea! I'm off to waly-world! Thanks
-clutch-

Old 01-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Walmart here i come - thanks !

Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser

Awesome idea...I was gonna make one until I saw the ezair that hogrider spoke of. I ordered the one with the longer hose. When I change tire the valve problem will be fixed...the stock wheels weren't very well thought out!

Late,

Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just made one. Wally world by me only had the Bell handpumps. The only problem with the Bell hand pumps the hose is a silicone base and has to be epoxied to the valve stem. Look like the clamp would hold for the most part, but with 36+lbs of pressure is going to blow it off....at least I think it will.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

just a suggestion, before you spend the money at wally world, try your local flea market for a used pump, either manual or electrical. i had an extra portable compressor that plugs into your cig lighter and used the hose off that. didn't want to spend the $8.00 from walmart for something that i was gonna tear apart anyway.

Quick Reply: An Easy Way to Add Air to Tires