Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Bagger in South Dakota on I-90

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo Bagger in South Dakota on I-90

I was heading east, back home from Rapid City last week - must have been Thursday. Got passed on the I-90 by a burgundy (wine?) Street Glide with the turbo setup. Rider was in the passing lane, so I could see the intercooler on the right side of the bike.

I was on a cobalt blue Ultra with a Dakota bag on the rack. Stripperella was on the back, and I was wearing a muscle shirt so you could see my tat sleeves down to my fingertips.

Anyone on the list?

Cannon

Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
NFFN
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Cannon
I was heading east, back home from Rapid City last week - must have been Thursday. Got passed on the I-90 by a burgundy (wine?) Street Glide with the turbo setup. Rider was in the passing lane, so I could see the intercooler on the right side of the bike.

I was on a cobalt blue Ultra with a Dakota bag on the rack. Stripperella was on the back, and I was wearing a muscle shirt so you could see my tat sleeves down to my fingertips.

Anyone on the list?

Cannon
ok

Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

Sorry - didn't have the camera at the time, and there was no way I was going to catch him.

Cannon

Old 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,908 Likes on 1,425 Posts

In this pic:

taken at a gas station in Belle Forche on Thursday, 8/6/09, there are 5, count them, 5 turbocharged HD's. The red one at the gas pump at the right of the picture is likely the one you saw. There is a shop in Rapid City that does them. The V-Rod in the front did 211 HP 2 days before that pic on or at a dyno shootout. The yellow and purple ones in the back of the pic are F.B.I. bikes. 10-something motors with F.B.I. on the heads and similar turbos. The F.B.I. owner guy was there too.

Sturgis, where every gas stop is a bike show.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who makes those turbo's? Website?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,908 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I didn't get a name of the shop putting the bikes together. Actually, the guys probably told me but I forgot. A bunch of boost junkies. We started the conversation with my asking him "So, like, 100 HP isn't enough for you?" The turbos themselves are very interesting. They are completely self contained. No oil lines, no coolant lines, nothing. There's a 65CC reservoir with a wick that feeds the ball bearing turbo, and it is variable vane too. The 65CC of oil lasts about 700 miles. That V-Rod has an intercooler under what we would call the "tank" area. The V-Rod in the background had a conventional Garrette turbo.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 PM
TOY HULR
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pullin a blank on the manufacturer of that turbo..... I researched them before. They run them on the Polaris Rangers etc.

Chad

Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guys make turbos:
http://www.turboyourharley.com/

Old 08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
In this pic:

taken at a gas station in Belle Forche on Thursday, 8/6/09, there are 5, count them, 5 turbocharged HD's. The red one at the gas pump at the right of the picture is likely the one you saw. There is a shop in Rapid City that does them. The V-Rod in the front did 211 HP 2 days before that pic on or at a dyno shootout. The yellow and purple ones in the back of the pic are F.B.I. bikes. 10-something motors with F.B.I. on the heads and similar turbos. The F.B.I. owner guy was there too.

Sturgis, where every gas stop is a bike show.

The turbo is a areocharger. I running one on my mountain snowmobile. it has its own oil unit

Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Cannon

Anyone on the list?

Cannon
Doesn't BlowinGlide have a Red Street Glide with a new Turbo system on it? Might be him, but not sure he was out that way.

Nevermind, his is a Road Glide.

lp

Last edited by lp; 08-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Turbo Bagger in South Dakota on I-90