Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor - Intiminator Valve any one try these?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

getting ready to put 21 inch wheel on front metzeter 880, lower the front suspension 1 inch and install the intiminators, glad to read the positive review

Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPANAMA
OK, I have tested the Motor Cycle with the Intiminator in front and the 13” rear Shock (Sport), I have already ride more than a 1,000.00 Kmts., at the beginning I was having problems with the set Up, first with 1.5” SAG, didn’t like it to soft, to make it short I like between 1” and ¾”, I am using at the moment 7/8” SAG.
Then came the adjustment with my wife extra 165 Lbs. it came to be one full turn (I think I need steel more testing).
The result is that I am not Happy with the Shock I am SUPER HAPPY, the change is incredible, the handling of the Motor cycle, including the Metzelers M880 Marathon (I did this change at the same time I install the rear Shocks), is tremendous, is like a new total different motorcycle, no more bottom out, turns are like normal riding, I am not an expert driver have only 18 month driving the Motor cycle, I am 62 years old so there is no way I will have the expertise of a person that has been driving motor cycles since teen ager, but I can say now that the SHOCKS & TIRES, make a very important part of the handling , I am not any more the last driver when we go in groups through difficult roads with many mountain curves, holes, etc.
I did like my Road King Classic, now I just Love it.
Good to hear! I've been on the fence about the 13" shocks and intiminators for a while now...

Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
HDPANAMA
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

OK, Finally after few weeks of testing with 2 Up, my wife and the tour pack, it finish as a perfect set up for the rear RICO Shocks (13” Sport).

For me it worked perfect, 2 ¼ turns from factory setting

For 2 Up my wife 165 Lbs and the Tour Pack it was four (4) turns from my setting, or 6 ¼ turns from factoring setting.

I hope this will work as reference, as I express last time this is the best investment I have pay for my Road King Classic

HDPAMAMA

Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

when I installed my Intiminators I put in the recommended 16oz. of 5w fork oil and the fork tube was to full, I called Brian and he said when the tube is fully compressed the oil should be 6" down from the top of the tube and for me to remove some oil, I had to remove 6 oz per tube to get it set at 6" from the top when fully compressed, so now I have 10 oz per tube, Brian said the 6" is the most important measurement and if I have that not to worry, has anyone else experienced this ?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

6" was what he told me as well.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM
HDPANAMA
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just came from a long trip, from Panama City to Costa Rica Los Arenales (1,600 M above sea level, is a volcano).
Very bumpy roads, a lot of mountain with plenty of tide curves.
I did the same road up to San Jose only, last year with the factory shocks, and the two with my wife, I will have to say, that with the Intiminator and the rear RICOR Shock, the difference from last year was night & day, the performance of the Ricor Shock was excellent, my wife love it, almost no bottom out, the stability, control & handling of the motorcycle in the tough roads & curves improve tremendously compare to last year.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive since made the changes from my previous post and i tell you WOW, i think because of the intiminators and the lowering the problems some people complain about when switching to the 21 inch front are totlally eliminated, it rides much better. Glad to hear you are satisfied with your Ricors as I am also

Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 AM
HD32141
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installed the Intiminators and I can't feel any difference in the ride. The bike seems lower in the front. I didn't measure it in advance but I have 11,000 miles on it so it's not my imagination, I can tell it's lower.

I ordered these parts along with Ricor shocks on 11/12/12. That's 23 days ago. The Intimiinators came within 10 days but still no shocks. I called twice last week and left messages with my name, phone, and order number but got no reply.

Finally got a human being to answer yesterday (Brian) who had trouble even finding me in their system. Finally he informed me that the shocks were "basically ready to go" but they were waiting on some anodizing. What does this mean? How can they be assembled if they aren't anodized?

Overall I am dissapointed with Ricor's service. The Intiminators don't seem to do anything but lighten your wallet. I hope the shocks are worth the hefty price tag of almost $700.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I run the intimiantors in my Softail and Sportser and noticed a great difference right away. The bumps on the road get soaked up so mu ch easier, the front end is more firm, and the bike handles so much better. Of course on a bagger with all the extra weight on the front end it might be different. On my Dyna which comes with cartridge forks I have just put the Race Tech gold valves in and will be riding it today for the first time so we will see how that handles as the intiminators are not available for this set up.

When I get a bagger I will put these in without a doubt.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Happy with mine.

Quick Reply: Ricor - Intiminator Valve any one try these?