Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor - Intiminator Valve any one try these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the progressive 940's in the rear and the ricor Intiminators with 5 weight. The Intiminators are well worth the money and easy to install.
There is no need to completely remove the triple tree assy. Just slide the left and right tubes out.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 AM
HDPANAMA
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yesterday I the Harley Dealer finish installing the Intiminator in my 2009 Road King Classic, here in Panama, whent I recieved them no one ever herd about this litle anomal, not even the Dealer or other mechanic, I am glad that before I order them, I red a lot from this forum, call Brian nad had a good idea how the had to be install and how will be the result.
I had my first test ride yesterday here in Panama you have a lot of side road (like in the US), with many curves with holds, etc., I have to say that I was not happy with the entire suspension system the RKC came with, I even change the rear shock with the Hand-Adjustable Low Touring Shocks (which I regret today) I have already order the ROCIR rear Shocks.

I'm impressed, rode 70 miles from the Dealer to my house, using different alternatives, it is absolutely a tremendous improvement, corners a lot better and smooth’s out the bumps, it will not button out, which was my main concern, I even field now that the rear shock field better, even the mechanic from the dealer when he tested the Bike he was impress, he will no believe how this liter thinks can do so much change in the way the bike handles, I made suddenly stops the front suspension will not button out (my wife will love this, she hated every time I had to push the front brake).

I will say that this is like having a new bike, the felling, I already order the RICOR rear shocks, can’t wait to test my bike with the Intiminator and the RICOR rear SHOCKS.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I had some of Ricors rear shocks on a Triumph I recently had and they were a huge improvement over the stockers but I never intalled the Intiminators. I guess I'm going to need to pick some of these up b/c the front end dive is horrendous on these bikes.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good choice in suspension upgrade, have the same setup myself with Ricor rear 13 1/2 inches, its a shame the bike doesn't come that way, but i see Harley is equipping some bikes with a adjustable rear shock with springs, maybe they are about to catch on

Old 11-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I guess I'm going to need to pick some of these up b/c the front end dive is horrendous on these bikes.
The combination of the intiminators and Progressive standard height springs is the whole enchilada.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by captainjack
good choice in suspension upgrade, have the same setup myself with Ricor rear 13 1/2 inches, its a shame the bike doesn't come that way, but i see Harley is equipping some bikes with a adjustable rear shock with springs, maybe they are about to catch on
CaptainJack
The magic is in the IAS valve. They can not use it unless they license it from RICOR like Edlebrock has, it is still a conventional shock with some additions, but no real patentable changes.
Edlebrock makes agreat shock for your truck or car if they make one for it.) They will not even sell a shock for a car or truck they have not personally verified their tune and made adjustments if needed for that particular vehicle. Like your bike, you will not believe the difference and have to experience an IAS shock on a truck or car to believe it. For the record I am not associated with or have ANY business connections with Edlebrock.. just have run their product.
We will get to cars and trucks someday, but right now you guys and other model bike riders are keeping us pretty busy, along with manufacturing VIBRINATORS as fast as we can and we are not currently able to get into cars or trucks on any kind of production basis. I have been running a proto-type set that we modified a stock shock for on my Chevy Tahoe for over 5 years now, and also used Edlebrocks on my C6 Corvette with a similar experience you have on your bike.
When we do get to cars or trucks it will have our 3rd Generation IAS technology like you have now, perhaps even better.
Glad you like your new ride and thanks for the post. Just thinking if all our customers posted on this forum it would be swamped.

Hal

Old 12-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Mr Pheer
Advanced

I have a brand new set of these for 41mm forks, never opened the package. Selling my bike so I wont be installing them, if anyone wants them for $250 shipped in the USA with Paypal.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
I have the progressive 940's in the rear and the ricor Intiminators with 5 weight. The Intiminators are well worth the money and easy to install.
There is no need to completely remove the triple tree assy. Just slide the left and right tubes out.
Did you lower the front about an inch to level the bike with the 940's (940's sit 1" lower than stock) in the rear? Im doing the racetech ones will drop the front some to level the bike for better handling.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Did you lower the front about an inch to level the bike with the 940's (940's sit 1" lower than stock) in the rear? Im doing the racetech ones will drop the front some to level the bike for better handling.
No They are the stock springs. Contact ricor and see it they will work with the racetech springs. The 940 rears sit the same as stock on a flhx.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 AM
tek-noid
Intermediate

Just FYI - another thread from earlier this year on the same topic: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...iminators.html

Quick Reply: Ricor - Intiminator Valve any one try these?