Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
GeezerGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Waiting

Been awhile since I posted. The accident was on April 7th. Almost two months and $10K later, all the parts are in and the stealer tells me he's going to slap baby back together. Then I get "the call". The frame is tweaked. No SH_T the frame is tweaked - I got hit amidships by a friggin minivan goin' 40 mph. First damn question I asked two months ago, "Is the frame bent?". I was told it wasn't, assured he had reliable methods of determination. But, he didn't start tearing it down until all the parts came in, and that's when he said he discovered the bent frame. I'm pretty pissed - seems like if he had torn it down to begin with, he could have more accurately determined the extent of the damage.

Now I have a new frame on order, to the tune of another $3K (does that sound like the right price?), and however many more weeks of waiting...waiting...waiting...while the riding season chugs along. At between $13K and $14K worth of damage, the insurance company won't total the bike; not until it gets to 70% of the value, or about $14,500.

Anyway, I hope to be riding within the next month or two. I hope the riding season is treating you folks well. It must be - I see you all out there every day while I drive my friggin cage.....

Shiny side up.

GG

Old 06-03-2006, 09:34 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Still Waiting

GG,

Good thing is your OK and your bikes getting fixed. The longer it takes it just makes that next ride even sweeter. Good luck in the wait.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry about your misfortune. I'd be pi$$ed too. Keep your chin up and keep giving them hell. Don't be a stranger here on the board either.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

At least they discoved the bent frame. Much better than riding on an unsafe machine.

It will get done, and all will be well again.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:45 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ANY insured bike with a frame bent in a collision should clearly be written off as salvage. I would raise hell and settle for nothing less than a new bike! Stay clear of that dealer, do you really want them putting your bike back together?

Old 06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That sux!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

ANY insured bike with a frame bent in a collision should clearly be written off as salvage. I would raise hell and settle for nothing less than a new bike! Stay clear of that dealer, do you really want them putting your bike back together?

dang !! sorry to hear about your bike ! im glad your ok.

ya ? waht bountyhunter said.

weet

Old 06-03-2006, 09:55 PM
eddybo69
Road Master

That sux. I carried my Ultra in last week for repairs after my wreck and was told it would be two weeks before they even get me a freakin estimate. I was a little pissed but told them it didnt matter to me, my riding partner is laid up for about 6 more weeks and I ride my fatboy when solo. I hope that they dont decide add a few weeks to the completion date because of the 6 week deadline I gave them. I think that you have one of the best looking Ultras Ive ever seen, but then I may be biased.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10843/F89D0E7D2FE64C1EB14FF0FA1C31DE73.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2006, 10:11 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: GeezerGlide
At between $13K and $14K worth of damage, the insurance company won't total the bike; not until it gets to 70% of the value, or about $14,500.

GG

Can you get the dealer to add a few more "damaged" items found that they missed?They srcewed up the first time,why not again!
Does the frame include paint?

Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Have a friend that had a minor accident. His insurance doesn't cover the SALES TAX of the items to be replaced.......that sum is added to his out-of-pocket expense (deductible). I'd fight the insurance company for a new bike.

Quick Reply: Still Waiting