Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AaronOregon's HD Forums Package 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AaronOregon's HD Forums Package 3

I ordered a stereo upgrade from one of our site sponsors - AaronOregon

http://www.throttleupindustries.com/hdforum.html

Installed it on Friday and road with it this weekend. I'm not a electronics guy, so the install went okay, but not a total breeze. It took me 5 hours - probably because I was triple checking all the wiring as I went so I would have to cut and splice later if I made a wrong connection. I also added a HD garage door opener to the high beam switch while I had the fairing off (present from the wife years ago that never got installed on the old deuce).

My only complaints about the install were:
  1. Directions provided could have been better. I found another 6 page set online with photos and used those primarily with Aaron's 2 pages of text as backup.
  2. When it came time to attach the speaker wires to the speakers, it said solder them on or use clips, but no clips were provided. I don't have a solder gun, so off to the hardware store. They're really cheap at Ace Hardware, but still why not include those in the package? There were enough butt splice connecters to tap into the power but the clips were not included.
Now for the sound. The Alpine 6.5" speakers rock with the Wet Sounds amp (same as Arc Audio, but coated circuit board for marine use) pushing them. I have Bub 7 TDs on the bike and they were drowning out the stock stereo set-up, but now, I can crank it up and drown out the Bub's. I joked to my wife that now I need louder pipes!

Anyway, I give Aaron's system a big thumbs up!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback as that is my winter project. When will the madness stop???