Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air shock pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Shepherdboy44
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked my Hd air pump gauge. The guage reads up to 60 psi.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Found the Harley pump on ebay for $30 with free ship a year ago so you may look there first. Stick with the Harley pump. It is a real nice tool that works great. Go cheap on this and you might regret it. There is so little air in the shocks you might want a good pump for them. I find that the Harley pump is much more precise.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Shepherdboy44
Just checked my Hd air pump gauge. The guage reads up to 60 psi.
That why the HD pump is better suited for the newer bikes. I've used a progressive for a few years but it only reads to 35psi. I'll have to get the HD pump for my 09.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnwwwatson
I don't like paying retail either, and if I can find the identical item at a better price somewhere else I might consider it.
But I don't understand the HD bashing. If price is your priority, metric bikes are cheaper; buy one.
When you buy local, you support your community. If your local shop or HD dealer goes "Chapter 11" then you have to wait days for it to be shipped.
I hope you're being facetious when you wish HD goes 11; that's just nonsense.
I thought this was HD forums? I like Harley Davidson. It's not the best in engineering or the best in tech; but it's the best for me.
I'm buying an HD air pump because I ride HD and so the $ finds it's way back to HD USA, not ****-chung, yoko-ono, or timbuktu.

"Hot Dogs are cheaper than steaks because they are cheaper than steaks"
+1...Very well said!!!!
You get what you pay for.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$35.00 At the dealer.
No Air Pressure in shocks causing your bike to be wobble a little causing you bodily harm... Priceless.
Spend the $35

Old 09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdowell25
Now I bought mine at Wally world (Bell) for $16 and it works fine. I refuse to give HD any of my money unless I truly have too.

Just me though!
You will have to.... $47.00 for the HD pump online unless you get a HOG discount at a local dealer but you know it will work.

Last edited by strtarrow; 09-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,711 Likes on 1,529 Posts
Arrow is it working?

I have the HD pump for my bike. I'm curious about how it works. Once I pump up my shocks the dial registers the poundage okay. Typically I run 18-20 lbs solo. My question-

If I disconnect it then reconnect it, shouldn't the dial on the pump show the poundage in the shocks? Mine doesn't. Very little seems to leak out when I disconnect it. I know the shocks don't hold much, and I've never put more then 25 lbs. in.

Am I doing something wrong? Do your pumps register anything when you connect them to the shocks? Thanx.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2whlr4life
I have the HD pump for my bike. I'm curious about how it works. Once I pump up my shocks the dial registers the poundage okay. Typically I run 18-20 lbs solo. My question-

If I disconnect it then reconnect it, shouldn't the dial on the pump show the poundage in the shocks? Mine doesn't. Very little seems to leak out when I disconnect it. I know the shocks don't hold much, and I've never put more then 25 lbs. in.

Am I doing something wrong? Do your pumps register anything when you connect them to the shocks? Thanx.
Yes, mine registers the pressure currently in the shocks. I've also tested to make sure I don't lose anything during disconnect and I do NOT. The HD pump is well worth the money.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
dhincc
Road Master

Originally Posted by mcdowell25
Now I bought mine at Wally world (Bell) for $16 and it works fine. I refuse to give HD any of my money unless I truly have too.

Just me though!
WTF??? Yamaha V Star anyone??? That way HD doesn't get your money!!!

To the OP: Get the HD pump, wherever you like ... Zanotti's ... Chicago HD ... freakin' EBAY, it doesn't matter, but get the HD pump!!! It's higher quality!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2whlr4life

No offense intended but if you are pumping 25 lbs maybe you need a trike....

IOW, read your owners manual.

Quick Reply: air shock pump