Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air shock pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered Ohlins from Howard at Motorcyclemetal,see ya air pump. If someone here wants it for 25.00 plus shipping from Chicago its yours. Used for 2 months as stated above, works great

Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Mountain bike riders can be every bit as obsessed with the quality of their gear as we can. This is for mountain bike shocks..excellent quality and features...$17.98. Here's the link below...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/162...ac=16&zmap=318

Old 08-16-2009, 08:08 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

That looks just as good as teh HD pump, but it is not HD hehe. When mine breaks I migtht go for this, hell the 2 stage valve looks good and I might get another anyway, looks easier to use on the 09 rims.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Be very careful of the mountain bike pump priceline sells. It is a high pressure pump(or they sent me the wrong one). I used it on my shocks and put over 40 lbs of air in them. didn't do any damage, but the gauge shows bars on the inside and any pressure less than 50 psi, don't show on the outside gauge.

Joe

Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM
johnwwwatson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HD Bashing

I don't like paying retail either, and if I can find the identical item at a better price somewhere else I might consider it.
But I don't understand the HD bashing. If price is your priority, metric bikes are cheaper; buy one.
When you buy local, you support your community. If your local shop or HD dealer goes "Chapter 11" then you have to wait days for it to be shipped.
I hope you're being facetious when you wish HD goes 11; that's just nonsense.
I thought this was HD forums? I like Harley Davidson. It's not the best in engineering or the best in tech; but it's the best for me.
I'm buying an HD air pump because I ride HD and so the $ finds it's way back to HD USA, not ****-chung, yoko-ono, or timbuktu.

"Hot Dogs are cheaper than steaks because they are cheaper than steaks"

Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The HD pump looks exactly like the Progressive Suspension GP3-60 pump. And it is the roughly the same price. I have an older Progressive suspension pump that I have had since at least 1997 and it might even be left over from the air shocks I put on my 1976 Gold Wing some time in the 80's
So it would be hard to go wrong with the HD or Progressive pump.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 AM
hogrider09
Tourer

I purchased the Harley brand... I think I paid $29.99 or 32.99 Thats with 10% off from store.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnwwwatson
I don't like paying retail either, and if I can find the identical item at a better price somewhere else I might consider it.
But I don't understand the HD bashing. If price is your priority, metric bikes are cheaper; buy one.
When you buy local, you support your community. If your local shop or HD dealer goes "Chapter 11" then you have to wait days for it to be shipped.
I hope you're being facetious when you wish HD goes 11; that's just nonsense.
I thought this was HD forums? I like Harley Davidson. It's not the best in engineering or the best in tech; but it's the best for me.
I'm buying an HD air pump because I ride HD and so the $ finds it's way back to HD USA, not ****-chung, yoko-ono, or timbuktu.

"Hot Dogs are cheaper than steaks because they are cheaper than steaks"
I don't get it sometimes ....

We pay several $$$$ for our bikes and folks are bitchin about paying $45 air pump to save maybe $20?!?!? To each their own but I just don't get it.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Shepherdboy44
Intermediate

I bought the HD pump. adjusting the pressure for one up or two up riding makes it ride and handle the same in all situations. And putting extra pressure for extra luggage capacity for longer trips also helps it feel smoother. Real easy to air up or down. No regrets for what it cost.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 127 Posts

One thing to consider if your riding a 09 or newer is the gauge, with the newer bikes they use more pressure, up to 50psi so you need a gauge that reads that high. Most only read to 35psi.

Quick Reply: air shock pump