Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detach Tour Pak and other Misc Help?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:59 PM
nikkidee
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Detach Tour Pak and other Misc Help?!

Is anyone familiar with the multitude of detach tour pak kits from e-glide goodies?

I have an '08 Ultra that I am looking to "quick" detach the tour-pak from. I know it's a pain and $$$ but I like the option. I was going to order the following items from e-glide:

HD303 - detach kit 399.00
HF100L and HF-LD tour-pak rack that lowers and moves pak back w/laydown license plate frame
HA-1W, HB-1, and HB-AD the relocator kits for my am/fm/wb/cb and the adaptor.

Is anyone familiar with the quality, etc. They do not sell any type of wiring harness or quick disconnects. I am relying on HD dealer for install. Is there some harness they order or is it a wire as you go situation?

Anyone have experience with the eliminator license plate brake light / turn signal set up? Quality and visibility? Any other options that fit directly into the exsisting holes?

Last question - for now - will a '09 SG seat fit my Ultra? I can get a good deal and...

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

I dont think any SG seat will fit any Ultra and Vis-a-Versa...
As far as TP locator why pay dealer when you can do it yourself?????(DIY)You will be glad you did..Nothin to HD TP install but dont know why E Gide goodies would be a problem and they are an outstanding Company and im sure would walk you thru any problems or questions you may have..Get the kit FIRST then if it looks all foreign to you then you can take it from there!!!!
Also Welcome and Keep us informed.Someone is always here to help!!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
bunt
Intermediate

Not sure about the detachable hardware from e-glide goodies. but the Streetglide seat will fit an Ultra:

Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a detach kit on ebay from teamh-d for $260 and it came with the quick disconnect HWare, plate relocator , and antenna relocator. I have a classic so I dont have to deal with the electrical side of it. It goes on and off in a jiffey.

Last edited by BuckeyeRider; 08-16-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I guess I'm confused by your reference to the HD part and the HF100 part nos. since both are tour pack racks for mounting the tour pak to, though the HD part no. includes the HD two-up bracket hardware and the HF 100 part no. doesn't.

I mounted my Ultra tour pak (without any antennae issues since I don't have CB and use a fairing mounted AM/FM antenna) using the Milwaukee Bagger detachable rack. My reason for using the MB rack is that it does not use the chrome "hoop" mounting hardware (which I find butt ugly) that HD's two-up detachable rack uses. The MB rack uses the mounting hardware that a passenger backrest or HD solo detachable rack would use.

I've never purchased anything from eglidegoodies.

My apologies if I misread your post, but it was a bit difficult for me to go back and forth between your post and eglide's website to compare part nos., etc.

Good luck with your project.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
nikkidee
4th Gear

Guys- thanks so much for the replies and suggestions. Pingman I can't believe you took the time to go back and forth between the two sites. I'll def. check out the Milwaukee bagger set up. I'm a little confused myself

As for doing it own my own, thanks for the vote of confidence but the thought of wiring scares the hell outta me. Wish I could, you don't want to know how many hours labor @ 90$ an hour they quoted me. UGH.

Thanks again -Nichelle aka Nikkidee

Old 08-17-2009, 05:04 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by nikkidee
Guys- thanks so much for the replies and suggestions. Pingman I can't believe you took the time to go back and forth between the two sites. I'll def. check out the Milwaukee bagger set up. I'm a little confused myself

As for doing it own my own, thanks for the vote of confidence but the thought of wiring scares the hell outta me. Wish I could, you don't want to know how many hours labor @ 90$ an hour they quoted me. UGH.

Thanks again -Nichelle aka Nikkidee
If you are going to rely on a dealer for installing this, you could also ask them for a price for supplying and installing all the hardware. See what they suggest and they might just come up with a good all-in price. If you don't like it, be polite! Let them do the leg-work for you, rather than you trying to learn the A-Z of these things from scratch.