Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!

Against my better judgement after reading so many posts about trying to put the headlight trim ring on...I bought the damn thing anyways. Well it was all true, I put that sucker on and took it off so many times I wore the screw out. I think I finally discovered the secret though. Headlight adjustment plays a big role in fit and looks. Once I got the headlight adjusted it seemed to come together. One other secret seems to be you must leave the original trim ring screw slightly loose so that when you tighten up the new trim ring it can slip down in behind the original. By leaving it loose I finally got the gap to close up on the new trim ring.

Also mounted visored trim rings on the running lights and turn signals. They went on like a dream. Wish HD would have designed the headlight trim ring the same way. Heres a few pics I snapped of the completed project.

Attached Thumbnails Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors1.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors2.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors3.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors4.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors5.jpg  

Last edited by okieblue62; 08-16-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM
okieblue62
Tourer

Couple more pics

Attached Thumbnails Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors6.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors7.jpg   Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!-hd-visors8.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM
HD-EZ2NV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as much trouble as it was for you and believe me I know, it sure did come out nice. The end result is your bike looks great.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
okieblue62
Tourer

Originally Posted by HD-EZ2NV
Well, as much trouble as it was for you and believe me I know, it sure did come out nice. The end result is your bike looks great.
I take it you've been down this road before

Old 08-16-2009, 12:46 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good. Patients grasshopper..... That is the Key.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very cool. I like those rings so much I was determined they were going on mine also.

This is funny. I just went through the same darn project 2 days ago. I ended up finding a thread on here that said to remove the original and make small bends in the outer headlight flange. It was great advice as it went on very easy. Easy enough that I removed it just to show show someone how I did it. Could have been much better designed.

I didn't get the ones for the rear blinkers.....good idea!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:08 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have about a 1/8-1/4" gap in the bottom of mine....How did you adjust the headlight, did you center it up?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's a model-year thing. I don't recall having any difficulty whatsoever on either bike.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 PM
okieblue62
Tourer

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I still have about a 1/8-1/4" gap in the bottom of mine....How did you adjust the headlight, did you center it up?
Yes I had to center it up, which actually put the beam where the service manual recommends it. Only thing I can figure is that they are not adjusted properly before delivery.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:20 PM
okieblue62
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleyeglideman
Maybe it's a model-year thing. I don't recall having any difficulty whatsoever on either bike.
I think its more a case of which Chinese sweatshop made the part on any given day. I bet you couldn't find two that fit alike out of 100.

Quick Reply: Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!