Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:13 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I don't guess you have any pics of this do you? I know, I know.....it sounds easy, but believe me if it can be fu^&ed up, I can f*&k it up....
Yeah, I got pics, but ever since they changed the forum I can't seem to post them. Hell, I can even figure out how to post s ig pic.

The headlight trick pic is sitting on my desktop. Tell me how to post it here please

Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In your reply box click "go advanced" from there scroll down and click manage attachments, you will then get the chance to "browse" go to desktop and find your pic once it uploads click submit reply, that should get it. That will post it has a thumbnail, if you want to post it as full size, you need a photobucket account or something similiar. If you want email it to me and I will post it up bppp@att.net

Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I've been wanting to install these as well...wait to see with these pictures too. Good to know ahead of time

Old 08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oinker02
Yeah, I got pics, but ever since they changed the forum I can't seem to post them. Hell, I can even figure out how to post s ig pic.

The headlight trick pic is sitting on my desktop. Tell me how to post it here please

If you don't get it posted in the next 2 hours when my wife gets home, I'll take pics of mine and post it. I have the children (5 and 2 year old) right now and they don't like for me to do anything on my own I know it doesn't sound right and in the pics it doesn't look all that pretty. The idea is the bends make a flange so the ring doesn't move. I don't plan on going back to the stock ring and if I did I would just bend them back.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
In your reply box click "go advanced" from there scroll down and click manage attachments, you will then get the chance to "browse" go to desktop and find your pic once it uploads click submit reply, that should get it. That will post it has a thumbnail, if you want to post it as full size, you need a photobucket account or something similiar. If you want email it to me and I will post it up bppp@att.net

I just sent you an email of the pic I think all are talking about. I did that just yesterday... I removed the original trim ring and added some insulation tape on the inside of the trim ring. Fit nice and snug and absolutely no gap.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tencrore
I just sent you an email of the pic I think all are talking about. I did that just yesterday... I removed the original trim ring and added some insulation tape on the inside of the trim ring. Fit nice and snug and absolutely no gap.

Hope this helps.

I didn't use any tape but here is the link to the pictures that were posted on another thread. You can see the bends he made around the headlight flange. I am also putting the link to the thread as well. Some people in the thread used the tape method as well.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0161_large.jpg

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...verything.html

Old 08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blech, don't really want to bend anything. I had forgotten about the gap until this thread came up. I wish HD would just make a new one to replace the ring all together

Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,586 Likes on 5,093 Posts

I bought one about 2 weeks ago,I took it back because I thought there was something wrong with it. Picked up anothewr one today and I'm having/had tghe same frickin problems as everyone else. First few attempts I was getting 1/4" gaps plus...finally after reading about bending the ring,,,,,I got the gap down to almost 1/8"........will live with it for now,,,what a royal PITA!!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i think the way they mount over the original ring is really cheezy at best. i wish there were one that actually replaced the original ring. i have one which i think i'll tig to the original ring after milling out the correct matching holes for adjusting the headlight. it will require rechroming it, but i just hate the way that the accesory headlight trim ring attaches. now when ya gotta replace the bulb, you gotta go through it all again. any thoughts?

Old 08-16-2009, 09:00 PM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
i think the way they mount over the original ring is really cheezy at best. i wish there were one that actually replaced the original ring. i have one which i think i'll tig to the original ring after milling out the correct matching holes for adjusting the headlight. it will require rechroming it, but i just hate the way that the accesory headlight trim ring attaches. now when ya gotta replace the bulb, you gotta go through it all again. any thoughts?

If you think about it, when installing the passing lamps, they instruct you to replace the original trim rings... and they have the "insulation tape" already in place when you replace the trim rings on the passing lamps. Maybe, just maybe... The Powers That Be in the MOCO "FORGOT" about this when they wrote up the instructions.

I bent the flange on the OEM headlight mounting unit and put insulation tape 1/2" wide x 1/4" thick into the inside of the Visor Headlight Trim (very similar to the Passing Lamp) and then mounted it onto the nacelle.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Finally got the visor's on...What a BITCH!!