Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys Nickel and Dime Bull$h!t

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Towboater07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Owning a Harley is just like any other hobby, EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

To late now you already have the bike, you are doomed.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Bad thing about Zanottis, they seem to always have to order it. Never in stock...go figure...20% is worth the wait I suppose.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM
streetg7
Road Captain

I totally agree...get this! Im about 5`8...so not only $159 for the streamline pegs....another $100+ for the adjustable mounts!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Throttle Jock
Intermediate

Yep my buddy got his introduction to HD this summer too. 21 grand and unless you can live with it stock, you're gonna bleed from the wallet after the sale. Told him it was expensive to own a Harley! But he bought it anyway. Now they got him too lol. But in HD's defense, everything you buy is quality stuff. Overpriced for sure, but the quality is there.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you've discovered harley davidson's marketing strategy. build a the best motorcycle with a horribly uncomfortable seat, and you'll be back at the parts counter dropping $400 or so for the sundowner seat. poorly designed shift linkage, another C note. restricted air cleaner, another $140 bux. uncomfortable handlebars which might fit 2% of the people on the planet, another $150 or so, with several hours labor to install. they are brilliant with their ability to remove money from the wallet, and stuff it neatly into their cash register.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

we harley riders tend to suffer from two addictions, three actually. chrome goodies=expensive, go fast goodies=expensive, and custom mods, i.e. paint, different fenders, lights, paint, etc=expensive. yeah, they're smarter than most of us, in that our money diminishes as theirs grows. i think i'm done with my 08 streetglide. that being said, ya know, a 103" kit with 255 cams and heads might be what i really need. hahaha...it's easy to get hooked on the drug. there is no 12 step program for rehabilitation either. dammit.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:48 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The internet is your friend, the guys here are a wealth of knowledge about places to avoid, so buy with confidence online. Save yourself some money. I rarely buy anything notable from my dealer unless i have a coupon or some other sale that makes it worth my while. Well, or if its just little stuff that i need right away. And don't forget the old saying "HD doesn't just stand for Harley-Davidson, stands for Hundred Dollars" thats what they try to get out of you, a Benjamin at a time.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by frontiercat
Bad thing about Zanottis, they seem to always have to order it. Never in stock...go figure...20% is worth the wait I suppose.
But on the flip side I got all my painted parts in 3 weeks from Zanottis.
Try that at the local Stealer and it woulda likely been closer to 6 weeks wait. PLUS Zanottis didnt charge my credit card until the day the items shipped. I think that's a perk for repeat customers only though. Still, very happy dealing with Zanottis.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:28 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive heard it said before and I agree that buying the bike is just the down payment for the rest of the stuff you want for it.

Quick Reply: Harleys Nickel and Dime Bull$h!t