Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best antenna

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 PM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best antenna

Installed the Biketronics stereo on my bike today. The radio is nice and the IPOD is some sick sound for sure. I have an issue with FM reception. The hidden little wire it came with just aint cuttin it. No long drawn out discussions here just let me know how to solve this problem. I do have an existing HD factory antenna wire in the fairing. I know they sell a kit to complete that installation of a whip. Is this the best way or does the $35 biketronics hidden antenna work better, I just want reception.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

dcobra, that's the reason i left the stock streetglide antenna on my bike. because i thought that the stick on ones like dakota digital and others would not work as well as the stock one. i have no experience with the hidden wire antenna, but mine works, so i'm sticking with it. great reception with the stock system. you might be best off to try to find a similar year bike and copy what's being used there. as i remember, the electraglide standard didn't have the radio, and therefore would not have the antenna coax to feed the rear mounted antenna. it should be easy for the parts guy at harley to help you with. or someone else in the forum has experience with adding the right stuff to make it work. should be a simple matter of routing the coaxial cable from the stereo along the frame back to the antenna mount.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock wire

There is a stock wire running from the fairing to the fuse panel area. They make a kit I can buy for $25 that hooks to the existing factory wire in the fairing and a few screws done. I just want to know if the stock antenna works the best.

Thanks