Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks windshield effects on passengers

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
banks727
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks windshield effects on passengers

I did a search on Klock Werks 6.5 and 3.5 windshields for my 09 Street Glide but I didn't notice any info on feedback from passengers. I'm wondering how the wife will like the 6.5 Klock Werks I'm looking at. I'm 5-7 and she's 5-4.

I'm mainly thinking of the new windshield for her. You know that saying, "Ain't no one happy...."

Thanks

Banks

Old 08-15-2009, 09:08 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 10" while in sturgis for my Ultra and I love it. When the 8" comes out I'm gonna get one of them as well.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a Road Glide and too am thinking about either the Klock Werks or Clear View windshield but not sure how it will effect me and/or the wife.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
bcarr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 6.5 on my 09 Street Glide and love it! Compared to the stock w/s which they might as well leave off. I rode it home from the dealer with the stock one and the buffeting was terrible. What a difference it made. The only thing I can tell you is that my wife doesn't complain about it but then again I changed it the day I bought the bike so it's difficult to compare. I'd say go for it!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Red.Road.Glide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1953riderforlife
I've got a Road Glide and too am thinking about either the Klock Werks or Clear View windshield but not sure how it will effect me and/or the wife.

Tried them both on my 09 Road Glide. 12" Klock Werks looks Bad A$$, but it is form over function. It diversts a lot of wind towards the forehead and ears. It was less effective than the stock windshield. I now have a "Stock" height Clearview and it is great. It looks a little better and (I believe) they improve on the stock design. I am very happy with my new Clearview.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red.Road.Glide
Tried them both on my 09 Road Glide. 12" Klock Werks looks Bad A$$, but it is form over function. It diversts a lot of wind towards the forehead and ears. It was less effective than the stock windshield. I now have a "Stock" height Clearview and it is great. It looks a little better and (I believe) they improve on the stock design. I am very happy with my new Clearview.
I've heard good things about Clearview windshields. One problem I have with the RG is rattling of the stock windshield. I've been told that's because it is flimsy and when replaced the rattling will stop. As it is, I keep tightening up the windshield screws about once a week.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife has no complaints with the 6.5". And I really like the look. When are they coming out with the 8"? Now that's something I could get serious about!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

If you are looking for wind protection you won't find it with the Klock Werks flare.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:17 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,694 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
If you are looking for wind protection you won't find it with the Klock Werks flare.
Is this fact or opinion ? Tell us more about your experience.

Mine is the opposite, the Flare pushes the wind over and around for me - 5' -8". I've ridden putting my hands up and around my head I see and feel the difference. Now that the wind coming over is under control, I feel the wind coming under and up. Again I have been moving my legs in different positions and based on that the flow under is affected.

I've run a 4" chop and a 10" flat. The Flare is a significant improvement.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

It was fact for me. I have the 6.5 sitting in my garage if anybody wants to buy it. I installed the clearview and like it a whole bunch better. The C/W has a better look though.

I am 6'0" tall and I had a lot of buffeting at highway speed. my wife also felt like her head was in a paint shaker.

She still feels that way with the clearview though.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks windshield effects on passengers