Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kipd
I was able to install the hardware and run the 30min install part, so the bike does start up fine. But I'm wondering about the marrying of the fob. I have a 2010 Glide, the instructions posted for programming the fob looks to be from a 2004 touring manual, I'm not sure I am brave enough to attempt that part without confirmation that it works on my bike, or at least confirmation that if it doesnt work first time i can try again without screwing it up. Only thing worse than paying a dealer to push some buttons for me is, paying a dealer for fixing something I broke by being such a cheapskate.. LOL
has anyone tried to program the fob on a new install themselves and have it work?
Yeah you have to take yours into the dealer and have it programed. I have heard of a few dealers doing it for free if you buy a second fob from them. Otherwise it should not cost anymore than a 1/2 hour labor charge

Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM
kipd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, Paradise Harley in Tigard Oregon has become very worthy of an outstanding service mention from me.
Yesterday I called looking for the Smart Security system, they quoted 1 in stock at @299.00. I asked if they could at least match the $290.00 with free shipping Mother Harley is offering.
Paradise said, we will do better and will sell it to for $265.00. so I ran over and purchased it. then got home and read the part about needing the dealer to program, so i thought "CRAP!" thats where they are going to ding me for the difference. So I showed up this morning system installed and told them I needed the Fob married to the Security System, the service person said, "sure thing, only takes a few minutes and no charge for the service" They didnt even ask if I purchased the system from them.....
Excellent customer service Paradise Harley....

Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
tonsa
Cruiser

What is the difference between the battery powerd pager or the re-chargeable pager? range? I know the price is like 10 dollars difference. The rechargable is 10 dollars more. I am just wondering. Thanks

Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would recommend the rechargeable one, especially at only a $10 difference. I don't think there is any difference in range but the non-rechargeable ones eat batteries. Even when turned off they seem to drain batteries and it seemed that every time I went to use it the battery was dead. I have the rechargeable one now and I can't ever remember the battery ever going dead, even stored for months in the saddlebag.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
tonsa
Cruiser

Thanks I will order that. I appreciate this forum!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
tonsa
Cruiser

I am soooo happy that I joined this forum!!! You guys really rock. I had ultra 2007 and now ultra limited 2011. I learned a lot fixing or modifying my latest bike and this forum was a big help. Guys, keep up the great work! I just installed the siren II and pager with ease. I paired the pager with it. Great forum and again thanks for all the advice given to me. More power to the HDforums.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 AM
FtpdMoose
Cruiser

Hope this was a good buy, didn't want to take a chance to do to much research and have it disappear. At least its only 60$ if I screwed up!! lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_500wt_1415

Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FtpdMoose
Hope this was a good buy, didn't want to take a chance to do to much research and have it disappear. At least its only 60$ if I screwed up!!
That's a helluva deal. Good grab! Now, add the Radio Shack siren and you're in high cotton.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:20 PM
TexasJR
Tourer

I installed the Smart Siren II into my bike over the weekend. The instructions that came with the unit were revised in 2005. I downloaded more current instructions on the HD site that were updated in 2008. 2005!

Quick Reply: Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ