Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Linville Lion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instructions were great. I needed the Service Manual for my bike to ascertain the exact positions of the antenna and siren.

I got the fob programmed and married to the bike today. All works fine. Not real impressed with the HD Siren. I went with that because I wanted the pager for when I am in restaurants, etc. I was thinking about adding the Radio Shack Siren. Any comments? I think that might be a Memorial weekend project while I am watching the race(s).

Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Drew
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JRBass
Worked Like a Charm for me. Now to just get fobs programmed.
+1. Excellent instructions. I have an appointment 5/31 to have the fobs programmed.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Morris9982
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Linville Lion
The instructions were great. I needed the Service Manual for my bike to ascertain the exact positions of the antenna and siren.

I got the fob programmed and married to the bike today. All works fine. Not real impressed with the HD Siren. I went with that because I wanted the pager for when I am in restaurants, etc. I was thinking about adding the Radio Shack Siren. Any comments? I think that might be a Memorial weekend project while I am watching the race(s).
What don't you like about the HD siren? I put the siren/pager module on my bike a while back because I wanted the audio warning as well as the pager capability. The siren on my bike works very well and is plenty loud.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Linville Lion
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Morris9982
What don't you like about the HD siren? I put the siren/pager module on my bike a while back because I wanted the audio warning as well as the pager capability. The siren on my bike works very well and is plenty loud.
I would like it to be louder. I don't think that it will be heard by the night clerk at a hotel if the siren goes off in the parking lot. And even though I got the pager, it is likely that I will sleep through it. My real problem is that I think the only secure place for my bike is in my hotel room or in my garage, maybe.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
trekez2
Tourer
Red face

Originally Posted by Crandersons
Just wanted to add more information on the install of the security system along with marrying the fobs. Found this to be very helpful. The table above advises to perform all steps under 3.3 TSM/TSSM Vehicle Delivery. Found a PDF of 3.1 through to 3.13 TSM/TSSM Vehicle Delivery http://www.harley-davidson-sweden.se...ring/fe03a.pdf .
Table 3.2 (from PDF) has how to assign a key fob. Has anyone tried this, does it work in place of the dealer's action?

I have a TSSM ordered from Zanotti's, but now I'm concerned about all these timed switches to turn and buttons to push. And will I be riding again.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by trekez2
Table 3.2 (from PDF) has how to assign a key fob. Has anyone tried this, does it work in place of the dealer's action?

I have a TSSM ordered from Zanotti's, but now I'm concerned about all these timed switches to turn and buttons to push. And will I be riding again.
6) Press and hold key fob button until confirmation is received

Those instructions are for the old style remotes that had the button.

As far as the timed switches to turn and buttons to push, if you follow the instructions like it says, you'll have no problems. You might as well pull up a chair though. You're not going anywhere for about 30 minutes.

Last edited by vickers1; 06-12-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 PM
trekez2
Tourer

I was able to follow the TSSM to ECM as listed at the beginning of the post. It worked for my 08 Dyna and I'm running again. I was not able to marry the FOB to the system however, probably because mine is buttonless. Does anyone know if this can be done without the dealer?

I also discovered that I can't fit the siren into it's alloted spot with a PC-V already there. Just not enough room. Does anyone have a suggestion for this. Does the Radio Shack siren work, it is smaller and does it connect to the proper connector.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 PM
kipd
Tourer

I was able to install the hardware and run the 30min install part, so the bike does start up fine. But I'm wondering about the marrying of the fob. I have a 2010 Glide, the instructions posted for programming the fob looks to be from a 2004 touring manual, I'm not sure I am brave enough to attempt that part without confirmation that it works on my bike, or at least confirmation that if it doesnt work first time i can try again without screwing it up. Only thing worse than paying a dealer to push some buttons for me is, paying a dealer for fixing something I broke by being such a cheapskate.. LOL
has anyone tried to program the fob on a new install themselves and have it work?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Linville Lion
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kipd
I was able to install the hardware and run the 30min install part, so the bike does start up fine. But I'm wondering about the marrying of the fob. I have a 2010 Glide, the instructions posted for programming the fob looks to be from a 2004 touring manual, I'm not sure I am brave enough to attempt that part without confirmation that it works on my bike, or at least confirmation that if it doesnt work first time i can try again without screwing it up. Only thing worse than paying a dealer to push some buttons for me is, paying a dealer for fixing something I broke by being such a cheapskate.. LOL
has anyone tried to program the fob on a new install themselves and have it work?
I believe you have to get it done by a dealer. I know they connect to the dataport as part of process. I had a dealer do it for $35. Call ahead get an estimate.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
trekez2
Tourer

Yep, that's what I had to do. The service guy was so amazed that I was able to install the TSSM and ride to the dealership he married the fob for free instead of the going half hour charge.

Quick Reply: Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ