Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Beast Air Horn $108

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Mini Beast Air Horn $108

I have wanted an Air Horn for quite a while now, so I trekked off to my local HD dealer for the HD one that looks like a snail. It was $140, not bad I thought. Then it came with a $75 installation kit ………….WTF. Then sales tax $18…………..Then it came with ½ labor to install it $35…………..total $268 NO FREKKIN WAY

Well after being almost run off the road twice in the past two weeks (I never told the wife and you guys keep you mouths shut about it), I needed an Air Horn bad. Hopefully the next person to crowd me in my lane will get a blast and sh$t their pants, is what I hoping for.

But $268 is bull crap. So I went to eBay and bought a Mini Beast Air Horn 128 decibels for $108.50, new in the packaging, shipped to my house. He shipped it right out too. I installed it myself without cussing. Pretty simple install, if I can do it without cussing. LOL

This baby is loud. I also put a Harley-Davidson caliper insert on it ($12) and people think it is a Harley product. Including my HD service manager when I showed him how loud it was.

Here's the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...Q5fAccessories

Anyway, I am pretty happy $108 vs. $268. It sounds just like a Semi horn too.

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 08-14-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome......that and LEDs are on my list.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

the same horn, made in italy and carries the name wolo on it, is also sold at pep boys for 59 bucks, or 39 at harbor freight. they are in the package that is labelled bad boy horn. same horn, yours is in a ready to install box, is the difference. glad you are riding safer now with it installed. the cars lately just don't recognize a bike out there it seems.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by emwolb
the same horn, made in italy and carries the name wolo on it, is also sold at pep boys for 59 bucks, or 39 at harbor freight. they are in the package that is labelled bad boy horn. same horn, yours is in a ready to install box, is the difference. glad you are riding safer now with it installed. the cars lately just don't recognize a bike out there it seems.
Hey Bud, you trying to bust my high I got going on here? LOL

I saw those too, but I had heard this horn in person, so I know what it sounded like.
Are those other HD specific install? If not, I would have been doing a lot of cussing. LOL

Old 08-14-2009, 03:13 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not specific, but not difficult, the one I have is louder than the mini beast, $50 on ebay, but my buddy got an electric that is 20 times louder than stock for like $15, just plug it in, put your chrome cover back on, and go. It was called freeway blaster or something like that.
And again I'll mention the guy in my chapter that swears by his horn off an old cadillac $5 at the bone yard, mounts right up and plugs in, and stock horn cover covers 95% of it. But if you are gonna get the mini beast, I'd suggest the chrome one.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad i could help you out with your horn....thanks!!

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I have wanted an Air Horn for quite a while now, so I trekked off to my local HD dealer for the HD one that looks like a snail. It was $140, not bad I thought. Then it came with a $75 installation kit ………….WTF. Then sales tax $18…………..Then it came with ½ labor to install it $35…………..total $268 NO FREKKIN WAY

Well after being almost run off the road twice in the past two weeks (I never told the wife and you guys keep you mouths shut about it), I needed an Air Horn bad. Hopefully the next person to crowd me in my lane will get a blast and sh$t their pants, is what I hoping for.

But $268 is bull crap. So I went to eBay and bought a Mini Beast Air Horn 128 decibels for $108.50, new in the packaging, shipped to my house. He shipped it right out too. I installed it myself without cussing. Pretty simple install, if I can do it without cussing. LOL

This baby is loud. I also put a Harley-Davidson caliper insert on it ($12) and people think it is a Harley product. Including my HD service manager when I showed him how loud it was.

Here's the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...Q5fAccessories

Anyway, I am pretty happy $108 vs. $268. It sounds just like a Semi horn too.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by jimsflh
Not specific, but not difficult, the one I have is louder than the mini beast, $50 on ebay, but my buddy got an electric that is 20 times louder than stock for like $15, just plug it in, put your chrome cover back on, and go. It was called freeway blaster or something like that.
And again I'll mention the guy in my chapter that swears by his horn off an old cadillac $5 at the bone yard, mounts right up and plugs in, and stock horn cover covers 95% of it.
My wife use to drive a Buick Riveria, I forget the year late 70s I think. That baby had a horn that sounded like a Train horn. It was great. waaaa hahahahahaha I still to this day wish I would have transfered that baby over to every car I have ever owned since.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 AM
ks-waterbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Texas that's the same horn I've been running on my Heritage and hadn't gotten around to getting one for the Ultra! Good to see it on yours (looks good with the caliper insert, nice touch) and I agree that for the money its a great horn! Will get a drivers attention even if their texting.....

Old 08-15-2009, 05:40 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Here is another option same horn and internal guts as the MiniBest just different packaging and at 49.99 you can't beat the price.

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/Wolo-...r-Horn-519.htm

Of course if you want a different look there is the Rivco (my personal choice I went look over cost)

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/Rivco...idson-AHHD.htm

and as always don't forget your HD Forum discount of 10% just use Coupon code HF10 and place you username in the notes on checkout.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:41 AM
xmeter
Tourer

They really are a Great horn. I know mine have saved me numerous times over the years. The first thing I do when I get a new bike is put one on.

Quick Reply: Mini Beast Air Horn $108