Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Beast Air Horn $108

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I have the mini beast II. It is my first airhorn. I have had mixed reactions when I have had to blast people. Sometimes the driver really reacts to it when I blast it, but a few days ago a big girl in a minivan changed lanes while I was in her blindspot. I blasted her while I was only a few feet from her ears.

She gave no reaction. I had to brake hard to keep her from pushing me off the road. Maybe I just happened to find a deaf woman?

Dennis

Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to get one of these on my bike (and I've thought about it, but would have to give up a saddlebag)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jel6cOHYHDI

Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TFB, Is the front (outside) of the horn a satin finish or is it shiney chrome like the sides? Been considering replacing the horn myself, Thanks for the info!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Wolo also makes an air horn for about $50 and it is really LOUD! Nice work with the caliper insert on there. Maybe you can make those and sell them for $500 since people think it is an HD item now.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances waste your money buying a Bad Boy air horn.
They are nothing but JUNK.
Purchased one and then my problems started.
Because of the cheapness used in manufacturing, plastic rather than chrome, the way the Bad Boy attaches to the bike - it will always loosen, look for another product.
Bad Boy hornes are JUNK!
You would think that the way they are made the manufacturer would be HD.
G

Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Got the HF bad boy horn yesterday $30 w/10% coupon and they`re on sale. I work in a truck shop and it sounds like a truck horn allmost. If I can find a place under the saddlebags I`ll mount it on the scoot otherwise it`s going on the Benz. It`s made of plastic, noise is impressive, durability questionable being an HF product.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad Boy

Originally Posted by t059736
Do NOT, under ANY circumstances waste your money buying a Bad Boy air horn.
They are nothing but JUNK.
Purchased one and then my problems started.
Because of the cheapness used in manufacturing, plastic rather than chrome, the way the Bad Boy attaches to the bike - it will always loosen, look for another product.
Bad Boy hornes are JUNK!
You would think that the way they are made the manufacturer would be HD.
G
Have had one on for 24000 miles w no problem. I did run a tie wrap (not noticeable) around it to keep it fr. rattling.

Attached Thumbnails Mini Beast Air Horn 8-dsc00697.jpg  

Last edited by gmc; 09-02-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: PIC
Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I have wanted an Air Horn for quite a while now, so I trekked off to my local HD dealer for the HD one that looks like a snail. It was $140, not bad I thought. Then it came with a $75 installation kit ………….WTF. Then sales tax $18…………..Then it came with ½ labor to install it $35…………..total $268 NO FREKKIN WAY

Well after being almost run off the road twice in the past two weeks (I never told the wife and you guys keep you mouths shut about it), I needed an Air Horn bad. Hopefully the next person to crowd me in my lane will get a blast and sh$t their pants, is what I hoping for.

But $268 is bull crap. So I went to eBay and bought a Mini Beast Air Horn 128 decibels for $108.50, new in the packaging, shipped to my house. He shipped it right out too. I installed it myself without cussing. Pretty simple install, if I can do it without cussing. LOL

This baby is loud. I also put a Harley-Davidson caliper insert on it ($12) and people think it is a Harley product. Including my HD service manager when I showed him how loud it was.

Here's the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...Q5fAccessories

Anyway, I am pretty happy $108 vs. $268. It sounds just like a Semi horn too.

What did you use to put the caliper on with, that looks cool.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rochkes
I have the mini beast II. It is my first airhorn. I have had mixed reactions when I have had to blast people. Sometimes the driver really reacts to it when I blast it, but a few days ago a big girl in a minivan changed lanes while I was in her blindspot. I blasted her while I was only a few feet from her ears.

She gave no reaction. I had to brake hard to keep her from pushing me off the road. Maybe I just happened to find a deaf woman?

Dennis
She could have had a earpiece for her phone.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Stebel Nautilus is another option, they're about $45 off ebay. You have to wire it in yourself as it's a universal kit but it's not hard. Takes about an hour. Drill one hole larger on horn bracket to mount it. I have one on mine and its LOUD!!!

Quick Reply: Mini Beast Air Horn $108