Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All these upgrades.....without fuel management?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All these upgrades.....without fuel management?

Just curious.......

What do you guys do when you install headers / true duals, add a high flow filter, but don't add any form of fuel management such as fuelpak, power commander or sert?

We know HD has a download for stage 1....but do they have other downloads for other performance gains?

Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
MOking
Tourer
Default RE: All these upgrades.....without fuel management?

first thing I did was a stage 1 with a flash download which I got ripped off on. Engine was misfiring at stop lights on warm days. Dealer basically said it was normal b/c I didn't installl SE pipes.

I would imagine 99% on here have fuel managment if they have any other upgrades.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 915 Likes on 430 Posts

With those changes, a DFO, TFI, or Fuelpak only make sense. They're inexpensive and get the job done. The Stage 1 download basically raises the rev limiter, but how many of us ever hit the rev limiter on these bikes anyway?

Uncle Peepers

Old 06-02-2006, 10:09 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Anthony8858

Just curious.......

What do you guys do when you install headers / true duals, add a high flow filter, but don't add any form of fuel management such as fuelpak, power commander or sert?

We know HD has a download for stage 1....but do they have other downloads for other performance gains?
Don't waste the $150 for the HD download.............it's worthless for anything other then crappy S/E pipes.

Get yourself a Power Commander, that way any mods you do in the future will be taken care of just by adjusting the map. With the new Rev-Extend feature.............you get the added 700 rpm that the HD flash gives you.

$277 for the Power Commander from Eastern Performance......and they have free shipping.

Steve

Old 06-02-2006, 10:12 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2 most popular/proven tuning options on modified HD's are, PCIII and SERT. Find a tuner that's proficient with the sytem YOU choose, and then get the bike dialed in on a dyno. Performance gains on Stage 1 bikes are dramatic, when tuned precisely. Stay clear of ANY other tuning aid on the market to avoid disappointment. Running a totally stock bike is just a complete waste of potential!
[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Anthony,

If you make all the changes you are talking about you are going to have to do something with the fuel or you will be critically lean.

You might want to check with a dealer if you are still under warranty. It is my understanding that the Power Commander will void the warranty, and the SERT, since it is a HD add-on probably will not.

Regards,

Bill

Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master

My question has nothing to do with my intentions. I already have a PCIII USB with a decent amount of mods.

I'm more curious of how people would be able to modify these engines without the added benefit of having the ability to alter their fuel ratios.

I guess I could pretty much answer my own question if I relate EFI to rejetting a carb.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:56 AM
rng318
1st Gear

Just installed a Hypercharger and a DFO, will these mods void the warranty? I will be going in for the 1K (free) service soon and don't want to be blindsided with a comment from the dealer.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No aftermarket part of accessory will or can void your warranty.............unless that specific part is to blame for whatever failure you bring your bike in for warranty work on.

Magnusson-Moss Act.............it's a federal law protecting us.

Steve

Old 06-02-2006, 11:32 AM
rng318
1st Gear

Thanks Steve...wasn't aware of the Magnusson-Moss Act. Good ammunition to have if push comes to shove.

Quick Reply: All these upgrades.....without fuel management?