Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Wheel CHOCK info for these big Iron Horses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:22 PM
rk99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Any Wheel CHOCK info for these big Iron Horses?

Hi, folks!
I have to go from deep south Texas to St. Louis and I don't think I'm gonna try riding it. I am wondering what experience says about Wheel Chocks to put FL's on trailers for transport! Any suggestions on the Wheel Chocks/protection for the money??

Any info is appreciated!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 PM
brookzie72
Novice
Default Wheel Chock for big twin

I have used the Baxley chocks since 2006 and they are awesome. A little pricey but worth every penny. I even take it out of the trailer and use it in the garage. Just ride in and the big stands up straight. Very stable.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 PM
rk99
Cruiser

Brookzie72! Thanks for the response! I'll look up the Baxley Chocks and see what happens... Regards!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Some of the forum police will tell you to do a search, but I've been searching the same subject and can perhaps save you some time.

The forum guys really like the Condor Chocks...very $$$ ($275 with the necessary trailer parts), but you can't argue with the quality plus, they're made in the USA.

HDForum Sponsor "Wheeldock" has a similar w/ similar price...free shipping promo right now. Nice guy, quality stuff. USA made. Because he's a forum sponsor, I'd personally buy from them rather than Condor if I were going to get one of this quality/price.

If you're into trying to save a buck...several members say positive things the Harbor Freight chocks...HF doesn't have a good rep around here for quality stuff, but their chocks seem to be an exception...the one they sell most often for trailers is the $40 version. They also sell one for $80, which will work in the garage as well (has legs) and is adjustable. Can be attached to a trailer. They are made in China.

FWIW, just went through this myself and opted for the HF $40 model since was needing 3. HF has a 90 day return policy. I figure if they don't work for 1 or all of the bikes, I can do a return or sell them here or on eBay. Considering the only time I trailered the bikes (750 miles) was with an open trailer with the cheap-o $10 chocks and had no issues, the Harbor Freight $40 model in an enclosed trailer will be a major upgrade.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
rk99
Cruiser

Monsted,
That's the kind of info I like to hear.. I am interested in user's experience with their chocks to get an idea of real-world use/issues. I DID do the search over Google and came up with a bunch of 'best' products but no reviews from 'the guys'. Interesting how difficult this is choice is when you're putting your Pride and Joy on the line!!

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using a Condor when I need to trailer my FLHX or friends bikes. Has worked well and would not trailer without one. BTW, can be had for $250 including trailer mounting bracket and shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONDO...QQcmdZViewItem

I've bought several items from this vendor with no issues and fast shipping. Good luck with whatever you chose.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the Condor trailed from central Indiana to Naples FL with one of theirs. Ride in get off strap her down and GO.

Demo

http://www.condor-lift.com/video/pitstop_demo.html

But I would consider the Wheeldock as it has some nice features.

http://www.wheeldock.com/wheeldock_features_video.shtml

Last edited by vzts4q; 08-13-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added content
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Search this forum to see what the forum members say about specific chocks...many have used theirs...I haven't yet. I searched with the words "trailer chocks" and simply "chocks". You might try "webbikeworld" too. It's a website that reviews everything motorcycle.

My biggest question about what I just purchased (the $40 ones) is whether or not they will interfere with my fender. Reason being is Condor has a model specifically for the 09 Harley Touring bikes that talks about clearing the fender. Makes me think it can be an issue with some chocks. My bike is in Santa Fe now and I can't check right now.

Also, regarding the Harbor Freight chocks...the $40 one is one size fits most...the width seems to be fine though. The $80 one is adjustable and will definitely work with your Ultra. Something to consider.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
S&RSGLIDE07
Cruiser

+1 on the Condor. The best wheel chock out there.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member

I have a friend that has the HF model and loves it. I have one also but have never used it.

Quick Reply: Any Wheel CHOCK info for these big Iron Horses?