Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Wheel CHOCK info for these big Iron Horses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 AM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this may make you feel bad, I talked to 2 women motorcycle riders in Clovis, NM yesterday who left Naples ,Fl and went to Sturgis. they're coming back through NM, heading to OKC, and then back to Naples. they only reason they were there was to get some new tires. Now, that's a ride.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Towboater07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the US General from HF, works great-well built. I would recomend it to anyone.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
rk99
Cruiser
Smile DANG!! I'm humbled!

Originally Posted by gunner11
this may make you feel bad, I talked to 2 women motorcycle riders in Clovis, NM yesterday who left Naples ,Fl and went to Sturgis. they're coming back through NM, heading to OKC, and then back to Naples. they only reason they were there was to get some new tires. Now, that's a ride.
Well.. Don't tell them I asked about trailering, Gunner!!.. They might find out where I live and KICK MY ASK!!

<LOL!> Thanks!

Old 08-23-2009, 03:45 AM
IronGypsy
Advanced

I bought the free-standing Condor at Sturgis for $245 shipped. It got to the house a few days ago, can't wait to try it out!

The first time I saw a wheel chock like this was when the tow truck came and picked me up. He had one mounted on a creeper with an eyebolt on the front, I thought it was a genius idea. You could ride into the chock, get off the bike, and push it around wherever you want put it. He hooked his cables up to it and wenched it up onto his rollback.

It DOES NOT work if your front tire is flat though. I know that from experience, so don't try it.

Last edited by IronGypsy; 08-23-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:57 AM
ks-waterbug
Cruiser

3 condors in my enclosed trailer for over three years now and never had a problem! Even pulled the trailer with bikes through the "Dragons Tail", if you've ever been down that stretch of road you know what I went through... Scott has a nice set-up and sells these through his E-bay store! Have friends who swear by the Baxleys or HF's as well... So, I guess it just comes down to personal pref and $$$. I would recommend two things for your chock,
1. Wheel strap to tie your front wheel to the chock about a $4 item.
2. Make sure the tie down straps you use aren't the open ended kind (S hook); instead opt for some that have keepers.... Seen a few not so fortunate folks over the years have there bikes torn up from leaning over after a trailer flexed and came out of the tie down hook... They make these in both styles, Ratchet and Pull either will do the job!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:27 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

+ 1 on the CONDOR® SC-2000 I have 2 of them in the trailer . I have had 2 dressers side by side I still put 2 straps on each bike and never have had either 1 move . also used them on Dyana's and sportsters. They also work great on the lift . Drive on and walk away

Old 08-23-2009, 08:09 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking at getting a Kendon trailer and may see if Condor can put a set on the front of their two rail trailers.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
FLHPIRK
6th Gear

Condor is my choice......easy to use...Quality

Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

+ 1 on the CONDOR® SC-2000. I don't have any experience with any other chock but I can tell you any chock that works makes trailering a much better experience. Ride in, get off and tie it down. What an improvement over the old floor mounted brackets.

Quick Reply: Any Wheel CHOCK info for these big Iron Horses?