Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TopShop Stretched Bags Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Hammer107
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how much extra for Red Hot Sun Glow?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:20 PM
crewchief25
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer107
So how much extra for Red Hot Sun Glow?
I suggest asking Justin @ Top Shop 877 996 8508

Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Mike07FLHTC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

You mean we're not at five yet after all this chatter about 2" bags?! Justin comes along with a smokin deal, bends over backwards to make just about whatever the buyer wants, has a new design that looks better than any bag on the market, (along with Ness), and now Bad Dad, and others are saying "they might make something other than 4.5" bags" after months of saying no.
We just need one more guy, but honestly I'm ordering these either way.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Weekend Gliderxxx. We have to wait till Monday and here back from Justin. I'm super happy about this. I really hope it goes threw. You don't have to order 3 inch people you can get anysize you want 2 2.5 3 3.5 anything up to 4.5 which is there stock size. Plus you get any cut out you need for exhaust. My bag will hug my Rinehart 2-1 like a glove no other bag will do that. Only down fall is I will have to take of my facia this winter and send it to them to extend the left upper portion down 3 inches so it will blend perfecty with the bottom of the bag and the lower part of the bottom of the facia.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Hammer107
Road Master

I am going to the dealer now to find out what painting a set of bags will cost me and then I will be in when I get back.

You guys will have the 5 for Monday. I am going to pay via paypal.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer107
I am going to the dealer now to find out what painting a set of bags will cost me and then I will be in when I get back.

You guys will have the 5 for Monday. I am going to pay via paypal.
Hammer, the PPG paint codes for HD red hot sunglo are: 922609/1 (base) and 922609/2 (top coat). You can confirm the numbers with a PPG distributor/jobber or a auto paint shop with the PPG computer software for mixing paints. The PPG numbers are provided because HD paint is available only in quart quantities (IIRC) which is far more than you need to paint a couple of saddlebag bottoms. The painter I used for my recent paint project showed me the numbers (and those for light and dark root beer, etc.) on his shop's computer which included the mixing formula.

I'm not suggesting you NOT use HD paint; only that you might consider using the PPG alternative to save some $$$ since it's the same paint.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
Weekend Gliderxxx. We have to wait till Monday and here back from Justin. I'm super happy about this. I really hope it goes threw. You don't have to order 3 inch people you can get anysize you want 2 2.5 3 3.5 anything up to 4.5 which is there stock size. Plus you get any cut out you need for exhaust. My bag will hug my Rinehart 2-1 like a glove no other bag will do that. Only down fall is I will have to take of my facia this winter and send it to them to extend the left upper portion down 3 inches so it will blend perfecty with the bottom of the bag and the lower part of the bottom of the facia.
True BMX.. and looks like we have 5 either way now.

BTW just got back from the Dealer and went back to talk with the guy who does most of my work, and he had an 09 SG on his lift with 4.5" Bad Dad bags on it, with the stock SG fender, that actually looked pretty good. They were a tad below the fender but not as much as I would have thought. I measured them from the bottom base and they were 4.5" exactly. I also kicked around the idea of 3 or 3.25" with him and he liked the idea of doing those vs the full 4.5", (and he does a lot of custom work there), to mate with the stock fender but just found it interesting that the full 4.5's didn't look nearly as long as I had thought. I'm kind of on the fence with maybe going 3.5-4"s now. Also showed me an 08 SG with Klock Werks body matched strut coverings replacing the OEM struts and hoop. Now I gotta order a set of those as well and take off my struts, hoop and stealth luggage rack I'm thinking I wish there was a picture of a bike with 3-3.25" bags on it to look at.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:31 PM
digz`
Tourer

Well i sent him my money through paypal after he posted the info , he replied thanks and order taken so im assuming we have the deal

Old 08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by digz`
Well i sent him my money through paypal after he posted the info , he replied thanks and order taken so im assuming we have the deal
Did you do 3"s Digz? Colleyville here BTW.

Quick Reply: TopShop Stretched Bags Group Buy