Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my BrightAssLight tail light today

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLevel

you are a man among men with that set-up. I, too, am a bit taken aback by the price tag, but everything comes with a price. If it keeps your azz end safe, then $250 is small beans.

LOL. Said it a few times already I didn't pay $250. I probably would have not paid $250. It wasn't cheap though. But the quality of build, the blinding brightness, and the 5 year warranty are worth it in my book.

It is funny so many people have commented about the high price of these. But there are people out there who spend $800 on a pair of slip-on mufflers. Or several hundred dollars for some freakin' chrome screw toppers. Or better yet $60 for a headlight bulb that is only whiter and not much brighter and will burn out in a few months. And then go out and buy another one swearing it will last this time.

Last edited by Garemlin; 08-14-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000FiveOh
Commitment.....and not for just one night. Paying 250 for something you can do for 25 is ridiculous. This is just simple marketing, luring in the ones that don't want to work on their ride. $250....no way. Sorry dude, you may be high on the new glow but you got ripped......
I would also like to see your parts list and the store to buy this kind of set-up for $25.00.
Do your cams make your bike go faster? How much were they? Do they keep you safer?
Do you have a need to tell people that you have a "hot" engine in your 80hp. Harley?
Why do you want to tell the world that you're an azz??

1HarleyGuy!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

That's a nice light but I went with the Kury panacea LED setup for less money. It is quite the light show but if it wakes up the cagers it's worth it.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram
be interisting to see how that light output is compaired to the H-D LED tail lamp?
I can tell you the HD one is weak. I have all led's and the HD tail is the weakest light on my scoot. But, no way in hell i'm kicking up $200+ for a new one.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Road Twister
Advanced

I bought one & put it on, the day before the rally..I think its overpriced..Man it would be the fastest $200.00 theft out there..just 2 screws...lol.. I would go with the Kury panacea LED..JMO

Old 08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by KopperTop
Excellent, but what's with the redacted license plate? Are you a secret agent or a federal fugative? I've seen a lot of guys do this and it vexes me -- when you're out in public with your bike, do you cover your license plate? Or maybe there's concern someone will run your tag, find out where you live and come and steal that spendy light fixture

Are some of those LEDs on your right TS dead?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by King Crimson
Are some of those LEDs on your right TS dead?
Yeah I have four dead LED's in the right cluster. Put that in my op. Waiting for the warranty replacement from Radiantz. Can't beat a lifetime warranty.

Road Twister: That is why I bought the security screws. No way that baby is coming off without the right bit to remove the screws. In my op as well. And I have been behind a few different people with the Kuryakyn light. It is not very bright in daylight. I could barely see it even in brake mode.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a shock after I installed mine. Saw bright red flashes in rear-view and thought the POPO was doing a pull-over on me in a parking lot. Was just reflection of my own rear in one of the big windows. Had my sun glasses on too. These things are REAL bright.

Mine's set on the 4-flash and then solid mode. What did you settle on?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RangeRat

Mine's set on the 4-flash and then solid mode. What did you settle on?

Still experimenting but right now I have it set to the 3 or 4 (can't remember) quick flashes then slow flash. I am stopped on a moving road doing a left hand turn every day when I go to work and after work when I pull into my driveway. Figure it will get the attention of traffic rolling up on me. I have the run intensity set to the middle setting.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
tencrore
Tourer
Default Security Screws

Hey Monstermile;

Where did you pick up those security screws?

I'm about to order the 3R and I think if they go on quickly, someone could probably take them off just as quickly. Maybe only 3 out 10 will have the proper key to remove them with the security screws!!

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Got my BrightAssLight tail light today