Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my BrightAssLight tail light today

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$250.00 for jsut a tail light is just a bit to much!!!!! Glad you like it.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:38 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokindave
For $250 bucks, I would need some kind of sexual commitment.
You get one. It reduces the chance of being entered from the rear by a bumper....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
FIVE minutes?!? Did you have a beer at the halfway point?

Seriously though - Best $200 (mine was only $200 just a few months ago... Did they go up?) I ever bolted on.

No it didn't actually take 5 minutes. Just trying to get the point across to the other guy that it is a simple and quick switch. Which one did you get??? The BAL-3ST retails for $249. Always has. I paid alot less than that though.

Ram: Tried to capture it on film but it is so bright it just washes out. I can tell you it is quite a bit brighter than the HD one. The Street Magic tail I had before was a little brighter than the HD. And this one is probably twice as bright as the SM.

emwolb: Yes it can operate just like a stock light without any attention getting flash functions. Steady on run and steady on brake. The only place to get it is direct and though a dealer. Most of the dealers seem to be HD dealerships so it probably wouldn't matter if yoou got it direct or not. Price-wise anyway. Unless of course you get a discount on parts at one of the dealers that carries them.

Soso my brother. What can I say. Touche'. My turn!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 AM
audettd
Tourer

I was thinking the same thing...for $250 there better be small talk before and after. I do like the look of it, just can't get past that much money.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a BAL-1 on my Ultra. It was 200. It was worth it. I actually can see the difference in the way the car behind me is acting....most of them are stopping a car length or two bechind me instead of trying to block my exhaust pipes like they did before.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:21 AM
mikezmiami
Advanced

Just bought one - will throw it on this weekend. $180 +tax at Ft. Lauderdale H-D

Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 AM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a BAL-1 for my ultra three weeks ago. I considered a BAL-2 which is much brighter. I didn't because I thought it would be too bright and annoying when riding with my club. I like bright and annoying it's just that I don't want to do that to my friends.

The comments I got are all the same. "That's the brightest tail light I've ever seen." I have also experienced a greater interval between me and the car behind me at stop lights and I like that a lot.

Part of the reason it's so expensive has to be the fact that BAL purchases the base and lense from HD and manufactures the LED and electronic module. It is truly plug and play.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 AM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice. I went the cheaper route, I switched to a Kisan Tailblazer bulb. Much brighter than stock and has the electronics built in that make it flash rapidly then over like 4 seconds slow to steady on when you hit the brake.
$70 bucks and easy as changing the bulb.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
edellavedova
Cruiser

I tested one at Ft. Lauderdale Harley last week - I looked right into it when I hit the tester button - and I was momentarily blinded. This thing if F-ing bright.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:17 AM
2QuietBob
Cruiser

what type of turn signals are those?

Quick Reply: Got my BrightAssLight tail light today