Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm not happy with my audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm not happy with my audio

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help with my audio. I have a 2007 SG with the factory radio/cd player. It was OK for a while but then I wanted more. While at Myrtle Beach I saw the J&M speaker upgrade and I bought them and they were OK for a while but then I wanted more. Then I got the Hog Tunes amp with speakers and I really don't see much of a difference over the J&M which had no amp. I am looking for loud, crisp, clear audio. Where can I get it? What do you have? Would putting fairing lowers with speakers in them help? Waht size speakers do they take? I looked at some fairing lowers on line and it looks like they take small speakers like are in my upper fairing. Are there lowers that take bigger speakers? Are bigger speakers the answer? Thanks for your help. Kevin

Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you need to talk with Firecap about an upgrade or three

I'm considering a boost to my audio too, sometime next Spring (spent a lot of $$ so far this year, need to chill for a while).

Old 08-09-2009, 09:49 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I would definitely talk to Firecap. He extended his group buy. I rode for 6 hours today, the first real ride since installing. I found myself turning down the stereo as opposed to turning it up. At one point I was riding hard listening to some Metallica and scraped my right side board. It was weird because I felt the vibration but didn't hear the sound of the scrape at all.
The system sounds great! I would definitley go with the 6.5" speakers.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master

Not as clean looking as the speaker kits designed for the lowers, but they sound great. They are powered by a Hogtunes amp. Speakers are 6.5 JBL marine grade.

Attached Thumbnails I'm not happy with my audio-dcp_1437.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I am not happy at all with mine either. If you find anything that will, work let me know.

I spent over $800 on a Hawg Wired setup and I had to turn the radio off at speeds above 70 and more (most speed limits in Texas are 70 mph) because I couldn't hear the radio worth a crap. I don't have a clue how people say they can hear it fine at highway speeds.

I never even installed it when I changed bikes. I gave it to the service writter and said, I didn't care WTF he did with it. He could put it in his bike, sell it or throw it away. I didn't want any part of it anymore.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 AM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor

We get calls everyday from guys not happy with the money spent on there systems. If you want loud, crisp, clear music running down the road at 80mph, check out our prices for HDForum guys in my signature below, or like previously said FireCap501. Either or will make you smile for way less money!

Aaron

Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 AM
ranman469
Road Master

Originally Posted by AaronOregon
We get calls everyday from guys not happy with the money spent on there systems. If you want loud, crisp, clear music running down the road at 80mph, check out our prices for HDForum guys in my signature below, or like previously said FireCap501. Either or will make you smile for way less money!

Aaron

+ that,

i have arc mini amp 61/2 components in the dash and 5 1/4 coax in the lowers in hog tunes adapters. it is very loud and clear. the arc amps have no heat issues like some other amps.
the real spall ones get real hott!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

How do I get 6-1/2" speakers in a hole made for 5-1/4"?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
rk62
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KDUBYA
How do I get 6-1/2" speakers in a hole made for 5-1/4"?
Firecap501 and AaronOregon both offer adapter rings for bat wing and Road Glide fairings. I just installed Firecaps 6.5" rings, speakers and Arc mini 125.2 amp. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures, but when I pull the fairing apart to paint the inner fairing I will show how the rings install. I will say it is deceptively loud because it is so clear. A friend was riding behind me and he could hear my system...and he has pretty loud pipes. The radio is the weak link in the system. With an mp3 player for input sound is amazing.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
08roadglidejoe
Advanced

Call Biketronics. They will set you up. I installed the 2 channel amp and the Titan 6.5 inch speakers and I can hear the radio clearly now. I even have earplugs in and I can hear all the notes even at 80+ mph.

http://www.biketronics.com
800-735-2419

Quick Reply: I'm not happy with my audio