Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm not happy with my audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:23 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is firecap and how do I get in touch with him?

Old 08-22-2009, 05:24 PM
HBRWarren
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know a good audio system installer in So California or riding distance from So Cal? I'm, shall we say, mechanically accident prone. haha

Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Trock
The only way to get the full effect of the speaker and amp up grade is to change the stock radio. I put Firecaps ARC amp and 6.5 speakers on My Street Glide and the system came alive with the radio change. The OE radio is junk in my opinion and if you need to turn it all the way up the sound will be distorted. Firecap is the best I've dealt with in a long time. Also you can use a USB flash drive on the aftermarket radio. 4000 songs, an it plugs right in the front of the radio and the handle bar controls work it just like an Ipod.
So what did you put in as a head unit?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but try an Ipod. It will sound so much better, even on your stock system. I have a bud who wanted to upgrade his system too. He tried an ipod and wont even listen to the radio or cd player. Just give it a shot first before you spend a thousand on speaker/amp/head unit........

just an idea?....

Old 08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
digz`
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KDUBYA
Who is firecap and how do I get in touch with him?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...irecap501.html

Old 08-23-2009, 05:37 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

firecap is one cool dude to deal with.

There are many different ways to go.
I do suggest to go to different bike nights and have a listen. What my ears hear may be different in what your ears hear.
Just like mufflers or exhaust sounds.
listening to clips on your pc is a waste of time, you are listening to you pc speakers.

In God We Trust

dd

Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is Firecap's supplied ARC 6.5 FD6000 speakers, 125.2 ARC mini amp and HogTune's HogPod(tweeters/crossovers) and the HD HK stock radio. Playing Saving Grace(snippet of) through my Garmin 660(to the HK radio).

FireCap501's ARC 6.5 FD6000 speakers with HogPod

Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Skulmn
I went with some real power..Sacrificed a bit of the trunk but I built a rack (not shown) to cover the amp and recover some space....

You don't have REAL POWER yet, but your getting close !! I call my 1200 watts, ( 2 Alpine PDX 4.150's ), REAL POWER !!

Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Go to the Members section of the forum. You can click on Firecap's name & send him a private message. He looks at this too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he messages you first! I have his ARC upgrade on my 09 EG Classic. Much better quality at higher speeds, than Hogtunes. Don't expect to hear the bass like you do in your car ---- too much wind rushing by, so it ain't gonna happen. I finally figured that out! I kept my Hogtunes tweeter pod on, and added the ARC mini amp upgrade, and also the 6.5 speakers. It's nice & clear at 75 mph. Kit comes with adaptor rings to put 6.5s in a 5.25 hole. With this upgrade, and when your bike's parked in front of the house, you'll **** off the neighbors too, if you turn it up --- no kidding! It's nice.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertigo14
Here is Firecap's supplied ARC 6.5 FD6000 speakers, 125.2 ARC mini amp and HogTune's HogPod(tweeters/crossovers) and the HD HK stock radio. Playing Saving Grace(snippet of) through my Garmin 660(to the HK radio).
You do realize that the sound we hear is only as good as (1) the audio capabilities of the video camera you used, (2) the compression of the video and (3) the quality of our computer speakers. It's almost pointless to post an audio clip. Your setup probably sounds awesome in person though...

Quick Reply: I'm not happy with my audio