Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 107 package

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Finally got the Dyno done today, 109 HP 115 TQ, installed the Fatcat, think there is more in there but am happy with this set up now. Will probably swing by Phil's guy on my way to Phoenix next year to get a retune.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Finally got the Dyno done today, 109 HP 115 TQ, installed the Fatcat, think there is more in there but am happy with this set up now. Will probably swing by Phil's guy on my way to Phoenix next year to get a retune.
Not bad, #'s dont tell the whole story though. If it's well mannered, rides well and makes power where you want it. Dont sweat the retune. You can couple hundred dollar yourself to death chasing #'s. Save your money, and ride the **** out of it until your ready for the next, bigger build

Try and post a sheet if you dont mind, either here or over in the dyno #'s for baggers thread. I would like to see it.

BTW, what baffle did you go with on the pipe? And how do you like that Fat Cat?

Last edited by ryanl; 09-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Isn't there a dealership in the Atlanta area that does HQ builds?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Isn't there a dealership in the Atlanta area that does HQ builds?
Granite Mountain HD

Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

What makes you feel there is more in it?
Doc is in Orlando..if anyone can tune it to its potential...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

yeah, I will ride the **** out of it, went with the quiet baffel which isnt so quiet, Ithis is my second fatcat and it is the best pipe I heva used over 4 bikes by far.will post the sheet when I can figure out how to.

Originally Posted by ryanl
Not bad, #'s dont tell the whole story though. If it's well mannered, rides well and makes power where you want it. Dont sweat the retune. You can couple hundred dollar yourself to death chasing #'s. Save your money, and ride the **** out of it until your ready for the next, bigger build

Try and post a sheet if you dont mind, either here or over in the dyno #'s for baggers thread. I would like to see it.

BTW, what baffle did you go with on the pipe? And how do you like that Fat Cat?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:08 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

just a guess based on other dyno results for same build and only put200 miles on it for break in so should get tighter after a couple thousand miles. Not a major issue will get redone in texas, doc does not do sest tuning.

Originally Posted by timvan
What makes you feel there is more in it?
Doc is in Orlando..if anyone can tune it to its potential...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:31 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer

on my hq 113 the #'s where somewhat low compared to hq builds I had seen on the internet and i found myself spending more money trying to get the dyno #'s higher, this is a mistake and I guess very much human nature,my advice is to line her up with a similar build and see what happens, I know I was pleasantly surprised as the few I have lined up against had reported higher dyno #'s and I thought I would most likely get waxed ,to my surprise this was not the case, these hq builds are hard to beat up to 100 mph after that they would start to reel me in slowly,but in my world the race is over after 100 mph,I just wish I would have figured this out before spending a bunch more money on parts and tuning,and the best part about lining up with a riding buddy is that it is a **** load of fun and totally FREE.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:43 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I hear ya, and I am not saying I am disappointed, I wont put much more $ into performance on this bike, but I will swing by Phils guy in Texas on my way to Mesa next year, more interested in MPG and TQ. Will see what MPG is this weekend.

Originally Posted by CDN. RG
on my hq 113 the #'s where somewhat low compared to hq builds I had seen on the internet and i found myself spending more money trying to get the dyno #'s higher, this is a mistake and I guess very much human nature,my advice is to line her up with a similar build and see what happens, I know I was pleasantly surprised as the few I have lined up against had reported higher dyno #'s and I thought I would most likely get waxed ,to my surprise this was not the case, these hq builds are hard to beat up to 100 mph after that they would start to reel me in slowly,but in my world the race is over after 100 mph,I just wish I would have figured this out before spending a bunch more money on parts and tuning,and the best part about lining up with a riding buddy is that it is a **** load of fun and totally FREE.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

I hear ya, and I am not saying I am disappointed, I wont put much more $ into performance on this bike, but I will swing by Phils guy in Texas on my way to Mesa next year, more interested in MPG and TQ. Will see what MPG is this weekend.
I dont know your tune, but your right in line on #'s for a 107" with TBW.

Quick Reply: HQ 107 package