Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 107 package

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Twist n Smoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I'll be doing the same thing this winter as well. Anyone know any Indy that does a good good in Centeral California?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

A SE clutch spring and atf in the primary will make the clutch hold just fine for this build..

add another $400+ if you plan on opening up the throttle body..probably not worth the little bit of hp you will get out of it..

Which pipes are you planning on running with the 107"?

Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
A SE clutch spring and atf in the primary will make the clutch hold just fine for this build..

I will try this first

add another $400+ if you plan on opening up the throttle body..probably not worth the little bit of hp you will get out of it..

I dont plan to mess with TB, have a Zippers deep filter on the SE chrome back plate already.

Which pipes are you planning on running with the 107"?
Went with the D&D Superboss slipons on this bike, little more rumble than the SE pipes, great performance ( according to dyno on stock stage 1), dont bother my half deaf ears on the longer rides. Most of my riding is 100 - 400 mile trips so the noise does bother me after a while. I know the 2-1 pipes might add a few more tq/hp but not enough to change out pipes.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Went with the D&D Superboss slipons on this bike, little more rumble than the SE pipes, great performance ( according to dyno on stock stage 1), dont bother my half deaf ears on the longer rides. Most of my riding is 100 - 400 mile trips so the noise does bother me after a while. I know the 2-1 pipes might add a few more tq/hp but not enough to change out pipes.
Sounds like your good to go... now just add the tts to your list and call it a day..
J/K

You are correct about the pipes vs a 2-1...not sure its worth the 5+hp over the stock 09 headpipe and slipons

Old 08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took my stock 41mm up to 46.5mm for about half that, AND YES IT DID MAKE A DIFFERENCE. The newer TB's are already bigger then the old TC88 ones so you probably will be fine. Go too big and you will lose TQ on the bottom end.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:49 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your good to go... now just add the tts to your list and call it a day..
J/K

You are correct about the pipes vs a 2-1...not sure its worth the 5+hp over the stock 09 headpipe and slipons
Not just about peak #'s, saw my TQ curve come to the left a few hundred rpm with the fatcat vs factory crossover w/slip ons. Although I will say, in my opinion the crossover w/slip ons is better than the true duals.

Last edited by ryanl; 08-12-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer
Default TB Mods

I found with my HQ build that just swapping out the fuel injectors for the SE higher flow rate injectors was all it needed. The TB diameter is large enough for your build. I spent a lot of time on this topic with PhilM

Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
07fsxt
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't seem to find HQs dyno numbers on their web site. Anybody have a link?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Does HQ provide a base tune map to get started?
NO! Kevin promised me and my tuner several times to furnish a map for my 107". I'm still waiting and it has been well over a year.

Kevin? Map?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Join this group

http://hqperformance.freeforums.org/

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
NO! Kevin promised me and my tuner several times to furnish a map for my 107". I'm still waiting and it has been well over a year.

Kevin? Map?

Quick Reply: HQ 107 package