Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 107 package

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I predict you will be very happy and quite surprised at not just the power of this the potent 107, but the overall street manners. I just want to encourage you to make sure you find someone who has a lot of knowledge with builds of this type. I was lucky that Phil M was there for me. He not only put my whole package together in the dead of winter, he fixed my oil blowby issue, directed me to the proper clutch, and was there for the normal small followup items that might be expected. After you have found that person, it is essential that you find someone who knows how to tune a performance, 10:5-1 CR build. These are great packages, reasonably priced, excellent quality, great bagger setup with emphasis on the torque while not forgoing HP. Congratulations!
Oh yeah...did I mention that you really really want to make sure you get it to a very good tuner to get what you paid for?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

great point gliderXXX, but again, finding those tuners is like the proverbial needle in a haystack ...i find it rather irritating

Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
Oh yeah...did I mention that you really really want to make sure you get it to a very good tuner to get what you paid for?
Take that advice seriously. The biggest problem I have seen with tuning these HQ builds is tuners that don't have experience with them, will stop tuning before the full potential is reached. They have it in their mind that a 103/107 should make around 100hp and 110tq. Once they get there, they stop. These HQ builds will easily put out 110/120+ with a really good tune. Since I am not a tuner, I don't know if they are considered difficult to tune, but I have seen my example above played out in local dyno shops around me.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS mastertune...and 13 hours seems very high! Most indies I know charge 10 hours. I can do it in about 8 hours and its not my full time job.

Dont expect your bike to get the same numbers as seen on the HQ website, just doesnt happen on 2008+ TBW bikes

Last edited by timvan; 08-10-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanl
Go with Doc for the tune, use whatever tuning device he likes.
Sounds like its gonna be a fun ride.
+1 on Doc your in south Florida his backyard. He will tell you all you need to know. TTS will be the best choice. My friend uses the T-Man 590 Cams with his 107 build and is kinda sad he didn't go with a SE251 Cam or the headquarters cam

Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be joining the HQ 107 build party this winter as well. Sounds like a great motor.
Ron

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Phast Lap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HQ Build

My experience with HQ products and support has been fantastic to say the least. Do not hesitate to call Doug on the phone and ask for a recommendation based on they way you ride. Between Phil, Doug, and Kevin they will not steer you wrong. I did my build my self and Phil pretty much walked me through it with no problems at all. The one thing I would suggest is to go with the SEST. It has the greatest flexibility to tweak the finest details in tuning that some other products don't offer. The other question is what kind of intake and exhaust you will be using. I also ended up swapping out my OEM fuel injectors for the SE units for higher fuel flow. Don't hesitate to ask questions here, there are a lot of us that have done HQ builds and that is the fastest way to avoid costly mistakes.

Good luck, these things are a blast to ride when you get done. I've got 5K miles on mine since the build and it makes me smile every time I ride it.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Phast Lap
My experience with HQ products and support has been fantastic to say the least. Do not hesitate to call Doug on the phone and ask for a recommendation based on they way you ride.
Times have changed Phastlap. Doug does not get on the phone anymore. See for yourself.

http://www.head-quarters.com/

Zach

Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yeah findding that out now, emailed him last friday called today no return yet. Will wait a little longer, he is Canadian, and this is prime vacation time for them before they get snowed in for the next 8 months hehe.

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Times have changed Phastlap. Doug does not get on the phone anymore. See for yourself.

http://www.head-quarters.com/

Zach

Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Indie said that if I go with the 575 cam I should get the roller rockers, they are $400, wondering if really necessary?

Quick Reply: HQ 107 package