Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which do you have or do you want?
Chrome top piece on rear master cyl
47.37%
Chrome cover for rear master cyl
36.84%
Neither, no one sees it behind the brake pedal anyways.
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you choose: Chrome rear master cyl top or cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM
GodFather
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which would you choose: Chrome rear master cyl top or cover?

Ive never seen the chrome rear master cyl cover on a bike. Seems like it would be a bit more chrome then just adding the chrome top piece. What's your liking?

or

Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 AM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do your own wrenching, I would go with the chrome top rather than the cover. It's just one more thing you have to take off when you change the brake fluid.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Chobber69
6th Gear
Default RE: Chrome Add-ons

A thread worth commenting. To chrome or not to chrome, to keep it simple or blanket the part entirely? Clearly, an individual taste....but from experience in building projects (including current one)...from scratch, their is a limit to what looks good & what just plain becomes "bling". My perspective (and I've had to reason w/myself on each part that I've installed, as well)....it is better to keep the lines of the engine or frame somewhat spartan...so you can see the mechanical side of the machine vs. one entire blob of chrome or sheet metal. I've always subscribed to a bike being a machine, than a chrome blanket which will hide the individualist parts, that makes it go! Lately, I've even taken to off-setting a chrome saturated area...by taking some of my chrome linkage rods (brake, shift & clutch) and using 1000 grit paper...to give it a satin look, to offset a chrome or black powder coated area. Looks great & still retains the lines of the bike, as individualistic as poss. My 2cents....but, it's all in what your end-state is? Take care...RIDE FREE!!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:05 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

1...............or change the WHOLE thing to chrome.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 AM
bigjimhp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cover looks nice, so does top had both but on current bike 08 anniv sg left it stock because it flows with the bike

Old 08-08-2009, 11:46 AM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chobber69
A thread worth commenting. To chrome or not to chrome, to keep it simple or blanket the part entirely? Clearly, an individual taste....but from experience in building projects (including current one)...from scratch, their is a limit to what looks good & what just plain becomes "bling". My perspective (and I've had to reason w/myself on each part that I've installed, as well)....it is better to keep the lines of the engine or frame somewhat spartan...so you can see the mechanical side of the machine vs. one entire blob of chrome or sheet metal. I've always subscribed to a bike being a machine, than a chrome blanket which will hide the individualist parts, that makes it go! Lately, I've even taken to off-setting a chrome saturated area...by taking some of my chrome linkage rods (brake, shift & clutch) and using 1000 grit paper...to give it a satin look, to offset a chrome or black powder coated area. Looks great & still retains the lines of the bike, as individualistic as poss. My 2cents....but, it's all in what your end-state is? Take care...RIDE FREE!!
This philosophy is what I don't like about the looks of many metric v-twin engines. Blobs of chrome that obscure the mechanics of the engine. I prefer to be subtle with the chrome placement. I think the above poster has it right.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 PM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock is good

Old 08-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Leave it!

Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I actually would like a chrome plated replacement as in the chrome hand controls H-D sells. I personally dislike covers as they can trap moisture and hide corrosion. I wish H-D made a chrome replacement.