Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does your IPOD sound as good as a CD on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
HilllBillly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does your IPOD sound as good as a CD on your bike?

i get tired of hearing the same cd a few times during a ride -- thinking of buying an IPOD for the bike since i like different music on the bike than i do at the gym.... is it as clear and as loud as an off the shelf CD ?

Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm gonna keep an eye on this thread also, as i just got a nano ipod, and was wondering the same thing. it'd sure be nice to just plug the thing in and have access to a hundred cd's or so.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer

Sounds just as good to me! I can't tell any difference.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
tread 2007 ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can fit 150 to 200 songs on a CD if you burn it in mp3 format
Then you don't have to mount the ipod or have the wire flying around

Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i've been trying to figure out how to burn a cd. i think i need to import the music first in mp3 format, then the itunes will copy it to a blank cd in my mac operating system, is that all there is to it? it would be much more convenient to do it that way, althogh it'd be nice also to use an ipod in the entertainment center, without having to use several cd's. my corvette has the 10cd box thingie in the trunk, and it would be great to use an ipod in the car so i wasn't always shuffling cd's there too.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, and it never will.

iPods typically use MP3 format. MP3's players are able to hold so much music by eliminating duplicative sounds. In most, but not all, rock music the eliminated sounds aren't missed due to the loud and individualistic style of the music performed. For orchestrated sounds from bands like ELO, the Moody Blues, and other modern groups that use full orchestras, the sounds of a trombone and french horn may be the same notation but are strikingly different in character. However, to the MP3 algorithm they are the same note and one (don't know which) is removed to save digital space.

Other less invasive software packages are in the offing but have yet to hit the main stream. Currently they appeal mainly to the world of classical music lovers.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

NO. The volume is limited. I figure it has something to do with the heavy gauge lead that goes from the device to the stereo. Like it just can't push it through as well as it does the smaller ear-bud leads. Maybe?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 PM
HOGBOY57
Road Captain

I have both. The ipod and cds in mp3 format. I think they sound good either way. You can also get a wireless fm transmitter for your ipod and put it in your pocket and it sounds pretty good. The only problem you have to find a station that doesn't have anything on it.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by CW4_131A
Nope, and it never will.

iPods typically use MP3 format. MP3's players are able to hold so much music by eliminating duplicative sounds. In most, but not all, rock music the eliminated sounds aren't missed due to the loud and individualistic style of the music performed. For orchestrated sounds from bands like ELO, the Moody Blues, and other modern groups that use full orchestras, the sounds of a trombone and french horn may be the same notation but are strikingly different in character. However, to the MP3 algorithm they are the same note and one (don't know which) is removed to save digital space.

Other less invasive software packages are in the offing but have yet to hit the main stream. Currently they appeal mainly to the world of classical music lovers.
Would'nt an mp3 file on a player be the same file as on a disk? I play the mp3's on a disk and it blows my nano away.....Hmmm, Maybe my nano didn't get stolen after all.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

check here, step by step instructions. got 200 songs on one cd!!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...on-kardon.html

Quick Reply: does your IPOD sound as good as a CD on your bike?