Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does your IPOD sound as good as a CD on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
SlowGlide2989
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same as FLOTR, I noticed great quality, but limited volume, didnt work for me. Maybe if you have stock exhaust, and your friend next to you doesnt ride a 1250vrod with a loud *** cary faus pipe.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my ipod sounds way better than a cd on my HK radio
course I burned all my tunes at 192 VBR with a volume leveler

CD skips, can get dirty.. worn out.. etc..

Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by vertigo14
my ipod sounds way better than a cd on my HK radio
course I burned all my tunes at 192 VBR with a volume leveler

CD skips, can get dirty.. worn out.. etc..
Ipods get stolen. Don't ask how I know. I've got close to 6 hrs. on 1 disk. I'll burn a 2nd one in a few more months,,,, after my son buys some more songs for his ITouch.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Default Mike thanks for the HK MP3 post

I have tried over and over again to get a bunch of songs on MP3 disc on my Ultra. I can get the entire MP3 cd to work fine in my truck and and only a handful( at least half the CD) not playing in the bike. I will reread the post and give it a try.. I usually end up just burning an audio CD so i get the songs I want
Thanks again
Jeff

Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default Ipod

My IPOD plays just as loud as my CD player and is actually crisper than the CD player. My IPOD must be special ??? I just installed a sirrius w/ my Pioneer deck and I'm loving it. Have more music than I know what to do with now. The sirrius is completely hidden, including the antenna, behind my fairing. Great investment, and has complete control through my hand controls.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the IPod sounds fine but you cannot control anything but volume with the Harley hand controls. That means you have to stick with a set playlist or have your passenger change the songs on the IPod on the fly. If I could switch songs and I would be very happy with it.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 AM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default ipod

Originally Posted by nskitts
I think the IPod sounds fine but you cannot control anything but volume with the Harley hand controls. That means you have to stick with a set playlist or have your passenger change the songs on the IPod on the fly. If I could switch songs and I would be very happy with it.
With an aftermarket deck such as my Pioneer or any other brand, you can control everything through the handlebar controls (thanks to the kit from Hawg Wired), and it stays charged and plugs in from the back of the head unit. The display is on the face of the radio with artist name and song. You can put the IPOD anywher that you want. You can even download onto a memory stick, don't even need an IPOD.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can control an iPod just fine through an otter box armored case while it is mounted on my bike. Switch songs, pause it.... Etc. The otterbox easily unclips from the ram mount to take with you when you leave the bike.

Of course having a Garmin Zumo 660 now, I have transfered all my iPod tunes to the zumo and play all my music through it instead of the iPod.

Granted I could rip a cd of all my tunes... I doubt i could keep my fustration level low enough to switch one by one through 200 songs on a cd.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:15 AM
DamnYankee
Advanced

"Can control an iPod just fine through an otter box armored case while it is mounted on my bike. Switch songs, pause it.... Etc. The otterbox easily unclips from the ram mount to take with you when you leave the bike."

Thinking about going with the Nano and OtterBox as my classic tends to lock up when in the ram mount. Is there a special mount for the ram and otterbox, or just the ram mount for 4thG Nano?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:23 AM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I've read through this thread and the thought at least to me is, I like to get away from all of the bs and sound when I'm on two wheels. I know to each his own but all I like is the sound of my motor and the wind when I am on two wheels.

Quick Reply: does your IPOD sound as good as a CD on your bike?