Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never understood and still can't explain it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I bought my Harley, my wifes friend's brother who also rides told me "You didn't just buy a motorcycle, you bought a family" I've found that to be fairly accurate. I know If I have trouble on the road, and set my helmet on the ground on the traffic side, a brother, whether on a bike, or in a cage will pull over in no time and offer help, as would I for them. But just like family, there are some jerks too, In my experience the good out weighs the bad. We rode to Wi. last year for the 105th, 100's of thousands of bikers, alcohol, and I didn't even see an argument, let alone a fight!! That says a lot there.
(There where however a few con men trying to pull the 3 card molly scam outside the hotel, but like I said, every family has it's problem children)

Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ridzalot
Like several have said "If I have to explain it, you still would not understand."
You may be right.

I also don't understand how a black cow eats green grass then produces white milk but I still on occasion enjoy milk (beer does not go with pancakes and syrup).

I may never understand the Harley mystique but I am certainly enjoying it on a regular basis now.

Ride safe.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Scooter308
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pheebo
Is it because the vacuum cleaner sucks????
I think the answer he is looking for is "you can only fit one dirtbag on a vacuum cleaner."

Old sportbike joke.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, go ahead, flame on, but you all talk a good game in this post. So, I'm assuming you all won't pass a brother broken down on the side of the road, you'll give up lodging for a brother who needs a place to crash, you'll dig through your old parts to get a brother back on the road or in one case for me, a man took parts off his own bike to get me on the road to finish my trip, you'll feed a brother who is hungry, you get the picture, it's a long list. This whole brotherhood thing ain't just about having the tank badge that says Harley on it, it goes way deeper, which is where the original "If I have to explain .............." came from. Ok, I'm strapped in and have flame retardant underwear on, bring on the flames !!!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pheebo
Is it because the vacuum cleaner sucks????
Errr, nope. The position of the dirtbag!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter308
I think the answer he is looking for is "you can only fit one dirtbag on a vacuum cleaner."

Old sportbike joke.
New to me, that's funny

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
I hate to be the devil's advocate here, go ahead, flame on, but you all talk a good game in this post. So, I'm assuming you all won't pass a brother broken down on the side of the road, you'll give up lodging for a brother who needs a place to crash, you'll dig through your old parts to get a brother back on the road or in one case for me, a man took parts off his own bike to get me on the road to finish my trip, you'll feed a brother who is hungry, you get the picture, it's a long list. This whole brotherhood thing ain't just about having the tank badge that says Harley on it, it goes way deeper, which is where the original "If I have to explain .............." came from. Ok, I'm strapped in and have flame retardant underwear on, bring on the flames !!!
Nobody copped to all that crap, dude. Let it rest. In the first place, you aren't my brother. That whole family nonsense makes me wonder about people that say it. Second, I'm not paying your way.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hondo1
You may be right.

.....(beer does not go with pancakes and syrup)......
Since when?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Nobody copped to all that crap, dude. Let it rest. In the first place, you aren't my brother. That whole family nonsense makes me wonder about people that say it. Second, I'm not paying your way.
Oh, my deepest heart felt apologies go out to you for having offended ............ You just reiterated my point, thank you! I would try to explain, but then you already know the saying and are way beyond any of that BS, right? Just make sure you at least wave when you leave me on the side of the road, ok?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
You're most def an old skool character Frog...

Quick Reply: Never understood and still can't explain it.