Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never understood and still can't explain it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a connection, historical, spiritual or what ever, we share something with all those who rode before us, a kinship passed on to each new HD rider, it's something that is just "understood" and never needs explaining and when each of us passes, our essence will be carried on in generations of new riders....

From riders like paul revere to the pony express riders to returning servicemen from the world wars...riding an HD is just uniquely American and we feel that history and pride.....

I've had hours long conversations about many topics with folks I just met on the road, all because we share that kinship...

Like it or not, you became family the day you got on your first HD.......

Rice burners will never know or understand this....thank god

Last edited by teqsand; 08-06-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

History
Nostalgia
American
Steel
Character
Soul
Mystique
Brotherhood
Freedom

Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the tribe.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

.. i 2nd "Welcome to the Tribe" !

Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Said

Originally Posted by teqsand
There is a connection, historical, spiritual or what ever, we share something with all those who rode before us, a kinship passed on to each new HD rider, it's something that is just "understood" and never needs explaining and when each of us passes, our essence will be carried on in generations of new riders....

From riders like paul revere to the pony express riders to returning servicemen from the world wars...riding an HD is just uniquely American and we feel that history and pride.....

I've had hours long conversations about many topics with folks I just met on the road, all because we share that kinship...

Like it or not, you became family the day you got on your first HD.......

Rice burners will never know or understand this....thank god
Dude, I am proud to call you friend. I don't believe it can be said better than that.
..................."Break" To the original poster Bikers are still people & like any other demographic we have our share of f*^ked up ones. Tegsand has still hit at the very heart of what it's all about. The only thing I could add would be that, "It's not the Harley that makes an American biker...it's the spirit that happens to chose Harley...the spirit of the proud, free and upstanding."
-clutch-

Old 08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
cmiller1014
Cruiser

I feel it, and cannot explain it either. I just got on my first Harley (first bike really) 3 weeks ago and it's an experience that I have throughly enjoyed. Starting with the thrill of the ride and continuing with the conversations at the gas stations, the nod of an older gentleman on his porch, the wave of another rider as I pass, or even a wave from someone not even on a bike. There is certainly something there and damn - it feels GOOD.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

hondo, welcome to the group. you finally got the right bike under your butt.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 AM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Arizona
Yes hard to explain to someone, but it's very real - a brotherhood amongst riders. I guess it has something to do with the rich history of the machine and it's roots. Harley-Davison is purely all-American and a true classic... One of a kind that has never been fully imitated by anyone who's tried. Harley-Davidson motorcycles came into this world when the horse and buggy were still the primary means of transportation. They have been in continuous business longer than any motor company of any kind anywhere in the world. To own and ride one is a thrill, a rush that cannot be equaled. When you cruise the open roads and feel the wind and the rumble of the motor you're just in heaven - an ear to ear smile and everything is right with the world...

All I can say is it's changed my life like nothing else has. To those who do not understand this I have no way to adequately explain it. But those who do know what I'm talking about - well they know precisely what I mean.

Welcome to the world of Harley-Davidson. Ride safe and congrats on your new bike!
Actually Mercedes-Benz is credited with the first marketed motorcycle, and Triumph is a couple of years before HD.

Last edited by performanceisthekey; 08-07-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Because, God Loves Harleys and hates all the rest!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:46 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Many different bikes out there. Only one motorcycle, Harley's.

Quick Reply: Never understood and still can't explain it.