Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide - Since Shark Nose Is Higher, How Will This Effect Lower Fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
The struts that hold the faring up on either side is angled in now, that was all that stopped us from using the better Ultra lowers before. I'm thinking about getting a set of them and seeing if I can make them work on my 05 before I cut the set of Ultra lowers I picked up
They updated the bracket that attaches the inner fairing to the frame as well as making the chrome struts longer. The new bracket has the studs 7/8" higher. If you get the bracket and the chrome struts you can lift the fairing up just like the '10 and use the vented fairings. I had a set of vented ones on my bike when it was a Street Glide and then I sold them and bought a set of non-vented RG lowers when I changed the fairing. The non-vented ones for me are unusable in the summer. Way too hot. Now I'm bummed I sold the vented ones but who knew?? So now I'm thinking about moving the fairing up and buying another set of vented lowers. It never stops!!

Marc

Old 08-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Ok, I suck at using the Search engine sometimes, that and perhaps my memory is crap too!

But ........ within the past couple weeks or so, somebody posted a complete technical "Changes for 2010" long list that originated from Harley and I'll be damned if I can find it. Why?, For the reason that's within this thread, to see about getting that inner fairing bracket & supports so I can get vented lowers onto my '09. Perhaps if those parts aren't too crazy ($$?), maybe Zanotti's will get another call, for the brackets at least.

If anyone can find it or knows who posted, please help this blind squirrel find a nut of information.

Thanks!