Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:37 PM
langlois1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fog lights

help please. i want to install a set of harley fog lights on my crash bar would like to use the acc switch. and not have to remove the seat. is this possible. thanks any help would do.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 PM
mrjharley
Cruiser

I installed some on my RG and I had to remove the seat to get to the accessory plug. No way around it since the plug is under the seat in front of the battery.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
langlois1
Intermediate
Default Fog lights

My bad i mean the tank.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a prob if you have a Road King with full length dash.....just lift the dash and run the wires alongside the speedo then out under the front seat lip.....invisible and safe. Did mine like that 2 years ago and didn't bother to change it when I removed my tank a few months later to install other stuff.

Edited to add that the HD brand oval fogs are perhaps the best accessory bucks you will spend. They are very brite and toss lots of light out to each side. They are also very high quality in both finish and construction. For the money, you can't go wrong. HD needs to make similar lites for those who wear lower fairings because those guys are missing out on a great safety feature and useful accessory.

Last edited by oinker02; 08-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

The newer year models are very easy to remove the tank. 4 bolts, quick disconnect on the fuel line and no fuel pouring out, no fuel crossover in front any more, unplug the fuel gauge and it lifts right off. There is a very nice cable tray under the tank for the wiring.

I love my fog lights. I keep them on all the time. People know I'm coming and I haven't had anyone pull out in front of me since I've had them. A must in my opinion for visibility and safety.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:28 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Run the wires inside your crashbars for a much cleaner look.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is my install for the fog light. Hardest part was fishing wires, which you do not have to do if your bike does not have the fuel tank crossover. Simply disconnect fuel line, unbolt tank, and it will be sooooooooo much easier than what I did. Have fun.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ds-lights.html

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn
Here is my install for the fog light. Hardest part was fishing wires, which you do not have to do if your bike does not have the fuel tank crossover. Simply disconnect fuel line, unbolt tank, and it will be sooooooooo much easier than what I did. Have fun.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ds-lights.html
Well, I see the document is now cut off after a couple paragraphs. I will see if I saved it on my computer somewhere and will get back to you.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by langlois1
help please. i want to install a set of harley fog lights on my crash bar would like to use the acc switch. and not have to remove the seat. is this possible. thanks any help would do.
These light provide a nice wide beam across the road at night - and they really make you visable in the day time. The crash-bar lights, being farther away from the headlight make your bike more noticeable going down the road. They are bright, so setting the verticle angle after you get them on is important - or you will really be shooting some serious light into oncoming traffic at night.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain

I am checking with the admins to see if they can pull my original post back up with all the information on it.

Quick Reply: fog lights