Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 PM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty Question

The channel up/down lever on my handle bars broke today. Do I need to go back to my original dealer to see about getting it fixed? or can I just go to any dealer?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

the warranty is through harley davidson, not through freds harley davidson. if you're close to the dealer where you got the bike, it might be best to let them address the issue, if not, then another dealer should be able to help you. for example, you are in florida, a thousand miles away from home in your ford taurus, and something goes wrong with it that's covered under warranty, any ford dealership would honor the warranty.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
crashin
Road Captain

Thanks I kind of figured that I just wanted to be sure. I live 45 minutes away from where I bought the bike and there is another dealer 15 minutes away. The closer dealer has horrible sales but the techs in the back seem alright.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

i hope you got her all fixed up and ready to roll. the guys in sales are a completely different animal than the guys in the service dept. salesmen at any dealership are interested in one thing. selling you a bike. i've had great luck with the guys at route 66 harley davidson in tulsa.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
crashin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by emwolb
i hope you got her all fixed up and ready to roll. the guys in sales are a completely different animal than the guys in the service dept. salesmen at any dealership are interested in one thing. selling you a bike. i've had great luck with the guys at route 66 harley davidson in tulsa.

Central Harley Davidson in Olathe, KS was a real class act. There was no high pressure selling. They spent plenty of time with us and found us what we needed. My only problem is that they are so far away(45 Minutes). The service department at Blue Springs Harley Davidson (15 minutes) from the house has been really good. They get me in quick and usually get it done while I wait. I have been acquaintances with the guy at the parts counter there for 9 years and he always is fair with me and is willing to say I'd be better off getting a part somewhere else. It really makes me wish the sales team was better so I could make it my one-stop shop, but until they treat their customers better I'll spend my money at Central.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a easy fix...just have to remove old, cut and splice a new ($16) switch, and install.
Any dealer can do it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
crashin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by timvan
Its a easy fix...just have to remove old, cut and splice a new ($16) switch, and install.
Any dealer can do it.

Already done, I could probably manage it myself but since it is under warranty I let the dealer do it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

there ya go crashin, you got it done. heck yeah, it is a warranty issue, so let them work on it. glad ya got her back up and working.