Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the 2010 FHLTK

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

While I really like the looks of the Limited I don't think that I could personally justify the extra cash the dealers want for them. Right now showrooms are packed with '09's and dealers are working overtime to get them moving. I bet you could save a ton of $$ by dealing on one and using it to upgrade with a lot of new chrome. Show up in uniform (by the way - Thank You for your service)...and I bet they'll work even harder to make the numbers right for you and your family.

Regards.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
Just my own personal opinion about that model is that it's a collossal ripoff and to pay above MSRP for it is insane!

Remember, this thread asked for people's opinions - that's mine.
I'm with you....for what you get that's too much money...put the 103 upgrade in classic or ultra and let them keep those gawdy badges.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM
usmcshepherd1
Intermediate

I'm not sure where everyone is at but the dealerships IVO New Orleans don't have many 09 Ultras left...I'm going to look around at some more dealers today...

Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Harley Limited
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 ultra limited

If you shop around you can find them at a reasonable price. Just ordered mine in the black/black ice pearl and paid $23K OTD plus taxes. I couldn't hardly beat that on just a 2010 Ultra with ABS and security. When I went to pick it up the sales manager said that I had been quoted the wrong price, that I was quoted an Ultra and not a Limited. He agreed that it was their mistake and let me have it for that price. I guess it was my lucky day.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i believe that the 09's are going to be the best harleys to date. no cats in the headers, the new frame, and several other features that push the 09's to the top of the heap in my opinion. i have an 08 sg, and am very happy with it, but in reality the 09 is an outstanding, and better motorcycle. i really think harley screwed up the roadglide. making it nothing more than a streetglide with a frame mounted fairing. the ultra ltd is a neat bike, but i believe the best bang for the buck would be an 09, provided they deduct for the years worth of depreciation. good luck finding the right bike for your present to yourself.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Harley Limited
If you shop around you can find them at a reasonable price. Just ordered mine in the black/black ice pearl and paid $23K OTD plus taxes. I couldn't hardly beat that on just a 2010 Ultra with ABS and security. When I went to pick it up the sales manager said that I had been quoted the wrong price, that I was quoted an Ultra and not a Limited. He agreed that it was their mistake and let me have it for that price. I guess it was my lucky day.
I wonder how much commission the salesman who signed off on that deal got? Or if he still has a job?!

Old 09-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Originally Posted by usmcshepherd1
I know I asked everyone about the Ultra Classic Limited, but another question I had along the same lines was the comparison of the Ultra to that of a Road Glide. I know the Glide is a totally different bike, but does anyone have any thoughts that has ridden both of them? Likes dislikes?

Got to Demo them both...I am a little shorter and the Bars and Seats on the Road Glide would have to be changed...The Ultra fit a lot better. Got to Spend some time on my Friends new 08 RG with Baby Apes and a Cee Bailey Windshield...All I can say was a very smooth ride not buffeting and very agile.

I am not saying anything else people on here haven't already, Ride them Both See which one tells you to take it home.

Both Great Bikes....

And +1 on if you can get an 09 and build it the way you like it...I love the CVO Ultra also, but over the years I have been making this one my own vs outa the box..

Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

If I was going to buy an Ultra right now, I'd buy the Limited. Here's my thoughts: If i'm going to pay over 20,000.00 for a two-wheeled vehicle what REAL difference does a couple thousand make? I paid 23,000 for my 09 Ultra because I LOVED the root-beer color scheme, oh yea and my wife said if I got the "brown" one I could get it. I think the limited looks cool, has a few neat little extras, and is something a bit different from all the others. If it's your cup-o-tea, a couple thousand spread out over 60+ payments just isn't that big a deal. JMO.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with Renegade in Alexandria, they make some great deals

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
gladiator
Advanced

I was looking to step up from an 07 street glide to a new ultra. Started looking at 09 to get a deal. But most of the dealers in my area are not dealing below MSRP. And I couldn't find any 09 in a color that I truly liked.
So I stopped in my local dealer and found an Ultra limited on the floor ( I was actually surprised that they had one) The colors just jumped out at me so I spent a little more than I would have for an 09 but I got a color I was truly happy with and that makes all the difference in the world.

I personally think that baggers will be more scarce for 2010 and most will be at or above MSRP in most areas. I think there will be more demand then product and that will drive up prices.

Just my personal opinion

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the 2010 FHLTK