Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TDs vs. BUB7 TDs vs. Slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here as well. I'll save you the hassle.
Bub7 Slipon's and Bub7 TD's w/o crossover and side by side. Slipon's are definitely louder on the SB

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...tBobMovie2.flv

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...BobMovie21.flv

Last edited by heywood727; 08-05-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
Bub7 Slipon's and Bub7 TD's w/o crossover and side by side. Slipon's are definitely louder on the SB

The link goes to photobucket? No video....

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
heywood727
Road Master

There now

Let me know if it doesn't work

Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

there are a lot of available options. i found what i like, is my rinehart slip ons. everytime me and my friends get together to go riding, someone will comment over coffee at a stop, man, those rineharts got a riteous sound. i have them on my streetglide, and i had two dynas before with sets on each of them as well. a lot of options, you gotta decide for yourself. the best way could be to go and sit outside of a harley dealer on saturday, and you'll hear about any muffler/pipe combo out there. that should help you to decide.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727

The link worked for me - can definitely hear the difference.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is not much talk on this site about Harleys design on their header pipes and how the left side muffler is used for reverberation mostly. Even when stock mufflers are used most all of the exhaust flow is through the right muffler but the sound seems to come from both sides, this is because of how the engineers designed the system using two mufflers. When you look at the Fuelmoto power package with what ever slip ons you want to chose, they designed their mufflers using reverberation. By that I mean, their left side muffler uses a smaller baffle than the right side for the reason of exhaust flow being greater on the right side. Touring Harleys are basically set up stock as a 2-1 exhaust, so when you purchase slip ons, is your manufacture of choice taking into consideration this exhaust volume / reverberation factor?

I am not here to plug Fuelmoto but Jamie has done a great job with his jackpot dyno tuned muffler system. Yes, the sound is greater out of the right side muffler as I have 2" baffles in the right and 1 3/4" on the left. So, when you think about TD's or slip ons you must also look at the performance numbers or is just making noise what you want.

I am very happy with the Fuelmoto power package from Jamie and the numbers I got just from a plug and play product.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't mean to steal your thread, but was wondering about the Ful-Sac conversion for true duals. See they don't make it for the 09's. What's the reason for that?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Bub 7 TDs because I wanted the full black ceramic pipes. They sound great - yes they are deeper than the Rineharts and are LOUD when you go to wide open throttle. I haven't heard the Bub slip ons yet, so I can't help you there.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more I read these posts, the more I want the Bub7s. Checking around for prices now.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

Try PhatPerformance.....I also got another 3% off. Maybe just try slip ons and you can always add the TDs to the slip ons......just an idea. I ony have the slip ons because so many people talked about losing low end torque when you switch to TDs. I don't need more top end so I built upon the low end.

By the way....I was amazed when I started the bike up with the BUB 7's on. The wife/passenger was happy also. Almost pushes the envelope with her but oh well.....

Quick Reply: Rinehart TDs vs. BUB7 TDs vs. Slip-ons?