Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle crash-How long before you rode again

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
GarArnett
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All on the street or in the dirt, I got up, collected the broken parts and rode home. Except one, and I pushed it home with a very sore foot (about a mile) only because the POS BMW wouldn't start back up.

My last crash was on the race track, Oct 2006 at Barber in Birmingham, Al. Had a low side as the tires lost their grip and I went for a slide and rolled around like a rag doll. Leathers were destroyed, helmet destroyed, gloves destroyed. Plastic knee pads (not the sliders) were broken in half, my right knee was twice its normal size. I got up and ran to the fence. I wore a hole in my leathers at my left elbow, and the only road rash was below that. My wife says she could see bone at the point of the rash after my leathers were removed. I put neosporin on it and wrapped it with gauze and duct tape. A friend loaned me leathers and a helmet. I raced the next day, though I didn't walk real good.