Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manhattan Hotel (Biker friendly)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Fordge48
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manhattan Hotel (Biker friendly)

My wife and I are planning a trip to NYC and plan on staying somewhere near Times Square.
We would like to be able to walk to our room so staying in NJ or LI is not an option. What I am looking for is a hotel that has secure parking for my RG while we are seeing the sights for a few days. Also we are going to try and sneak into the city in the early morning before traffic gets too snarled. Any advice on what would be the best time to do that on a Wed. or Thurs. We will be leaving Sat morning so traffic out wont be too bad I hear.
Thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Bago
Advanced

Most all hotels in Mid-town(Times Square) have underground parking.I would recommend calling up in advance and asking about motorcycle parking and pricing.Most places charge $40.00 a day for cars.
As far as driving in early, during the week, I would say, the latest 7am.It get's busy early, between cabs, bikes, buses, emergency vehicles.Be careful.I ride in to work on Saturdays and it's rough.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am a New Yorker....and believe me...you can try to time the traffic....but it sometimes it doesn't matter what time you come in or out of the city...you will get hit with traffic!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
paguy
Road Captain

A couple years back there was a video taken at the Sheraton Hotel parking area. A group rode in to visit the towers, show respect, and spent the night at the Sheraton.
The video showed a group of kids, I guess they had somehow gotten into the parking area, who were kicking over and stomping on the Harleys.
Like the fellow said call around, ask specifically about parking ability. I would try to find a spot near the ticket booth, 24 hr. human surveilance.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you a member of HOG? HOG has a partnership with Best Western. They have "rider friendly" hotels and a nice discount. rider friendly = secured parking for bikes - sometimes
You can access it from the HOG website.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fordge48
My wife and I are planning a trip to NYC and plan on staying somewhere near Times Square.
We would like to be able to walk to our room so staying in NJ or LI is not an option. What I am looking for is a hotel that has secure parking for my RG while we are seeing the sights for a few days. Also we are going to try and sneak into the city in the early morning before traffic gets too snarled. Any advice on what would be the best time to do that on a Wed. or Thurs. We will be leaving Sat morning so traffic out wont be too bad I hear.
Thanks
Also, a company was recently started that specialized in parking for motorcycles in New York City... I will look around my house to see if I can't find the postcard I got from them at the motorcycle show. The owner told me it is $15.00 / day, and is secure. If you can, when you are there, take the loop around central park... you will love it! With regards to timing your ride in, you will need to be in before 7am at the VERY latest... that is when the working dead start their march into the ant farm... I was born in the bronx, and live on the (dirty) jerz side of the river, and can see NYC from my bedroom - on a good day, it is 8 minutes to the upper upper west side... on a bad day, it is 1.5 hours for that same trip. The only bonus is that the United flight that landed in the Hudson flew right by my house, and I saw all the EMS in the Hudson trying to save the people... enjoy your stay! (you looking at me? YOU LOOKING AT ME?!?)

Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer
Default added information - website for mc parking in nyc

Originally Posted by RoadKingKamchi
Also, a company was recently started that specialized in parking for motorcycles in New York City... I will look around my house to see if I can't find the postcard I got from them at the motorcycle show. The owner told me it is $15.00 / day, and is secure. If you can, when you are there, take the loop around central park... you will love it! With regards to timing your ride in, you will need to be in before 7am at the VERY latest... that is when the working dead start their march into the ant farm... I was born in the bronx, and live on the (dirty) jerz side of the river, and can see NYC from my bedroom - on a good day, it is 8 minutes to the upper upper west side... on a bad day, it is 1.5 hours for that same trip. The only bonus is that the United flight that landed in the Hudson flew right by my house, and I saw all the EMS in the Hudson trying to save the people... enjoy your stay! (you looking at me? YOU LOOKING AT ME?!?)
Here is that company I was telling you about.... http://www.nymparking.com/Index.asp

Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes I don't hit that much traffic in the late morning like 9:30 ish. It's just after the morning commute and just before the lunch break. But then again I hardly drive in the city. and when I did it was 2 years ago when I had to have meetings with didfferent vendors when I was a designer. Now I work 10 mins away from home in NJ and never have to leave

Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
toastedoat
Cruiser

Most of the underground garages in the city that I know of require the attendant to park the vehicle, so those probably won't be an option for you...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 AM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Quick Reply: Manhattan Hotel (Biker friendly)